• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Performance Aircraft Unlimited 300SP

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Rob have you ever used a screen on the cooling inlets before? I ask from a reduction of air going through point of view? I like that screen for the lower Oil Cooler inlet (carb inlet for us). Where did you get that screen?

Hey while I have you I went to Wally World looking for that stand you bought and it was $19. Was the one you bough a double rail (height)? I was at a small store so maybe not all of the models were there.
Ray, I have not noticed any difference in engine temperature. I actually was concerned with the same thing so I did a little test on one of my planes before I put it on and then again after. No temp. diff. I think as far as anything getting in the screen to obstruct airflow, I have found like maybe one or two small knats since I started using it. As for using it before, I have put it on quite a number of my planes. On my 95" Cessna, it really enhanced the looks of it. It looks kind of cool. It is just normal screen door and window screen material. It can be purchased at pretty much any window or glass shop. Pretty cheap. I have two different colors that I use. The dark black as you see on the PAU. I also have some dark gray. It looks pretty cool too. I used to use CA to hold it in place but realized that I can do without the CA fumes simply by using a hot glue gun as I did on the 300.

The stands I purchased were indeed the double rail type. As for price? Yeah, I double checked them a couple of days ago when I went in for something else. Apparently someone mis-priced them in the computer. I think the 19 you are seeing is probably the accurate price.​

Mikeq

150cc
Wow! you have been a "busy bee" haven't you! Looks great DUDE!

Sincerely,
Glowtardpitbitchwannabee.

Damn you can increase your vocabulary on this thread..LOL Dimes you certainly need to have a little better ambition...I thought just being a pitbitch was bad now I stand corrected...
confused-smiley-emoticon-1.gif

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
LOL....I made a vid:p! But will post it in "Grandpas Workshop"

Would not dare to slime up a PAU thread by the "STANGSTER"!! lol

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Ok, time to quit goofing off and get this thing done. Aileron and Elevator hinging and servos today. About all that is left after that is Canopy, wheel pants and balance. Might take a few minutes today to do the first start of the 111. Video to follow.