• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Perfered RX from Spectrum

On the main topic, I had a ton of Spektrum RXs. I have used some orange RX, but not lemon. Since I have 2 Jeti radios now, I am going to completely phase out the Spektrum stuff even in my foamies to standardize but here was my general fleet plan.

Electric 70" on down = AR8000 or 7610 with TM1000/1100
Electric bigger= AR9020 with 3 sats and TM1000
Gas= Powersafe RX
Foamies got orange RX 4 channels

On the 3D planes you get to use 2048 resolution and 11ms with the 8000/7610 and not a lot of the others you mentioned. This means something with digital servos.

I know a few club members that are hot on the lemon stabilizer RX. I had two planes with AR636 AS3X and it is so so. I bought a eagle tree guardian last season for a buddy to figure out. He is not that big on it. I have a orange RX stabilizer in my funcub for a few years and it is absolutely a blast.

I got to fly Gyro's cortex's a few times. I don't think they were completely dialed in, but I see what one can do with it.

My personal ambitions are to improve my flying and IMAC skills, and that does not involve a stabilizer in my 3D flying. For things like my seaplanes, EDFs, and bush planes, I think they are very useful.