• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Perfered RX from Spectrum

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Preferred RX from Spectrum.

All I have ever known for planes are Spektrum receiver’s so this is all I can attest to. I would like to know what RX most people fly with in electric planes and the reason you fly those particular ones. The one’s I know and have used are --->

AR 6110
AR 6210
AR 636A “AS3X†Not a fan!!! Never use it again.
AR 7610

My radio is a DX-8. The 6210 is what I run in my EF 48†Extra EXP and it does very well, never had an issue and the plane flys very nice. The 7610 is the same way in my 3DHS 65†Vyper. Here’s the thing. I wouldn’t know what to look for or expect to be different if I was to fly with something else, so that is why I started this thread. Im hoping you guys can give me some insight into this kind of thing. Will one system act or feel better or worse than the other. What kind of things makes one better than another? I understand some offer options others don’t, but Im looking for the not so obvious stuff that can only come from personal experience. That would be you fine people.

Thanks much for anything you care to share.

Bush :p

Bbcorvette18

70cc twin V2
I use a lot of Lemon Rx's personally and know quite a few people who love the lemons. On anything Gas powered I run powersafe rx's

as far as the rest of your questions on differences I don't think there's much but I'm looking forward to hearing others responses

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Come on fella's BB and I can't be the only one's interested in this are we. You could share just a little tid-bit.
BTW [MENTION=3310]BBCorvette18[/MENTION] that plane you're holding, what exactly is it and what size? Thats a sweet looking plane dude.

I use several AR636 which I actually really enjoy. I have a few Lemonrx that I use as well, and in the next two weeks I'm going to try a couple Mikado Vbar setups.

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Your going to do a vbar on a plane? Humm I know Vbar is some good stuff on Heli applications, had a Logo 700 XX with VBar 5.3 Silverline Pro "Was Flawless", hadn't considered using it on a plane though. Let me know how things go, Im berry interested in dis one... :)

Not to start a discussion about gyros in planes, but having spent most my flying time over the past 15 or so years in helis (planes too, just prefer the rotors a bit more), I have watched, seen, and been a part of no gyros, tail gyros, and flybarless gyros in helis, and the growth curve of the hobby just blew up with the latter. My "opinion" is that a stabilizer in a plane is a great tool and when set up properly for your setup or airframe, most folks can hardly tell it's there. I don't want to start a debate about them taking away from the sport as I see both sides, but I have come to believe that a lot of folks (not all) whom are against them either haven't tried one, tried one that was not set up properly for their aircraft, or simply don't like the idea of having a little assistance. Which is all OK. They are also not miracle workers, you still need too learn to fly, and of course I am mainly talking about setups that don't involve correcting flight when wrong input is given, self-leveling, auto- landing and so forth. The coolest part about all of the ones I have used and not all are like this, but you can simply turn off the stabilizing features with a radio switch. Any way, off the soap box, below is a link to the just released Vplane software from Vbar. At this time it only works with their radio system, but I'm sure that will change down the road. In addition, their radio is quite impressive compared to the other main players out there and I have a DX9 as well, recently sold the 14SG and had a few of the nice JR's. Here is one little tidbit, this radio has zero trim tabs, and has an auto trim feature with the flick of a switch. I can leave it on the whole time I'm at the field and each time I turn on or turn off a model (Heli or plane), it links right up with it. OK finally off the soapbox. Jake

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2369194

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
It's all good man people like to fly the way they like to fly and with what they like to fly. I respect that. I have been giving serious consideration in buy a Bavarian Demon Cortex, I have read nothing but good on these things them.

I completely agree and I as well have heard nothing but great things about the cortex, they are pricey, but worth it from what I've read. If you fly helis as well, I recommend checking out the Vbar control radio. Its not cheap at around $700 (can't quite remember), but you can get used vbars now for anywhere between $100-$200. I think the cortex is over $300, so if you were to have a couple of them, the Vbar may be a little more cost effective, and the radio is awesome. Vbar just came out with their new Neo unit which features a rescue mode and lots of people are dumping their vbars for them.

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
I have used Vbar before great unit. I thinned out my Heli Hanger and am now down to 2 Align Helis which are much more affordable than there competition if I break something and with the right upgrades like KDE they will hang with the best of them. My 700 runs a AR7200BX and it's solid as a rock. The 600 runs a Ikon and is the same way solid, has the bail out function too but never use it. My Logo, Henseleit TDR and SAB days are behind me. I into the planes now.

As far as Gyro's for planes go... I still think everyone else is still playing catchup with the Cortex. Don't know that to be fact, just by everything I read and hear from other pilots. And ya man they are expensive as hell, but so is Kontronik and you will be hard pressed to find a better controller in my opinion.