• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Peak Models 32% Extra 330 SC

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Kelly, I still have this if you need it. I'd hate to part with it, but I would to help a buddy out.:lol2:

View attachment 100807

Thanks so much Doug! But I rather you donate it to the NYC Museum of Modern Art :cool:.

I say ditch the dead weight and mount the batteries on the sides of the engine box. I honestly couldn't sleep at night knowing a big ol booger of dead weight was strapped to the front of my otherwise beautiful plane. :)

Mike the batteries are on the side of the engine box! Aren't they???:confused:......

1217171551-00.jpg

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Got the balance tab extensions done and batts back on the plane. With the weight and stand offs I made....It makes a full pound added around the engine. The DJ72 would be a full pound heavier than the DL50. Its a no brainer.....But I am going to see how this flies the plane first before switching engines.

1217171518-00.jpg
1217171551-01.jpg
1217171552-00.jpg

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Got the balance tab extensions done and batts back on the plane. With the weight and stand offs I made....It makes a full pound added around the engine. The DJ72 would be a full pound heavier than the DL50. Its a no brainer.....But I am going to see how this flies the plane first before switching engines.

View attachment 100812 View attachment 100813 View attachment 100814
I just really like the battery connections you devised. They are so cool.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!

View attachment 100812 View attachment 100813 View attachment 100814
Depending on my setup with the 330, I may "jack" that battery connection setup. It has a certain....umm, "in your face cool" look.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
After all this we are all waiting in suspense to see how it fly’a. I hope it will be successful.
I do not how much work you want to put into the plane but I would seriously consider extending the motor dox out and extending the fuselage to meet up with cowl to get the plane to balance without adding a pond to the plane, just a suggestion.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
After all this we are all waiting in suspense to see how it fly’a. I hope it will be successful.
I do not how much work you want to put into the plane but I would seriously consider extending the motor dox out and extending the fuselage to meet up with cowl to get the plane to balance without adding a pond to the plane, just a suggestion.

I would consider that if I were younger. Now.....All I want to do is hit the EASY button. A DJ72 is a drop in replacement and will give me the weight up front. Plus it will turn a bigger prop and hit or better that 2-1 thrust to weight ratio. Plus....The DL50's original home will be getting a new fuse soon. That plane will weigh only 15.75 pounds and exceed the 2-1 ratio for a foamy like experience :big-grin:.

0827171855-00.jpg