• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Peak Models 32% Extra 330 SC

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I would consider that if I were younger. Now.....All I want to do is hit the EASY button. A DJ72 is a drop in replacement and will give me the weight up front. Plus it will turn a bigger prop and hit or better that 2-1 thrust to weight ratio. Plus....The DL50's original home will be getting a new fuse soon. That plane will weigh only 15.75 pounds and exceed the 2-1 ratio for a foamy like experience :big-grin:.

View attachment 100836
Ah yeah! That's more like it. Another Pilot RC gasser to tear up the skies. Git it done Kelly.
tenor.gif

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
OK so the future is now the past o_O.

Was able to get to the club field before curfew and got a couple in. The vid is the second flight before packing it in for the evening.

On the first flight I checked it all out with all the weight being far forward. Had to keep the elevator on midrate or high rate and full deflection for ground handling. Wants to nose over or tail easily come up when taxing. Take off however is smooth and uneventful. Landing is much much better and no tip stalling! But trying to do a mains only touch and go plane drops real easy and could make for a really bad day if you don't catch it. Float it in stall landing to a 3 point is perfect now :). Got some altitude and did some more aggressive tumbles. Pop tops clean and with all that weight carry well with no or little power for a full revolution. Did a 45* up line right snap to a knife edge spin (Call it an avalanche???) and rotated 4 full revolutions. But I about messed up me tidy whites because I was only 15 to 20 feet high when I recovered. Plane carries a lot of momentum with all that weight up front and does not easily recover on its own from lateral or planar type spins. In the video of the second flight however is the most pleasing part to me. The DL50 is now a BEAST and easily pulls 21 pounds from a hover straight up. Not foamy like but VERY strong. Pretty boring vid of me flying it the second time but proof is in the vid on how powerful the 50 now is. Me Like :).

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp

Was able to get to the club field before curfew and got a couple in. The vid is the second flight before packing it in for the evening.

On the first flight I checked it all out with all the weight being far forward. Had to keep the elevator on midrate or high rate and full deflection for ground handling. Wants to nose over or tail easily come up when taxing. Take off however is smooth and uneventful. Landing is much much better and no tip stalling! But trying to do a mains only touch and go plane drops real easy and could make for a really bad day if you don't catch it. Float it in stall landing to a 3 point is perfect now :). Got some altitude and did some more aggressive tumbles. Pop tops clean and with all that weight carry well with no or little power for a full revolution. Did a 45* up line right snap to a knife edge spin (Call it an avalanche???) and rotated 4 full revolutions. But I about messed up me tidy whites because I was only 15 to 20 feet high when I recovered. Plane carries a lot of momentum with all that weight up front and does not easily recover on its own from lateral or planar type spins. In the video of the second flight however is the most pleasing part to me. The DL50 is now a BEAST and easily pulls 21 pounds from a hover straight up. Not foamy like but VERY strong. Pretty boring vid of me flying it the second time but proof is in the vid on how powerful the 50 now is. Me Like :).

Well that is one strong engine with a plane weight at 21 pounds that engine can pull it out of a hover pretty stout.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Well that is one strong engine with a plane weight at 21 pounds that engine can pull it out of a hover pretty stout.

I am very pleased with the engine. Just think when It goes back on a 15-16 pound plane :). Once broke in I would like to try a Falcon 24x9 carbon prop. I really think it could turn it 6800 or better static.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!

That's pretty awesome Kelly. Congrats bro. The more I see that plane, the more I am thinking it needs a "BIG" brother the same color. Naaa.....one yellowing green banana is enough. LOL. J/K.... very nice looking plane. It is definitely visible in the sky. I am quite impressed with that lil 'ole fity that "knows" it can. Good job.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
That's pretty awesome Kelly. Congrats bro. The more I see that plane, the more I am thinking it needs a "BIG" brother the same color. Naaa.....one yellowing green banana is enough. LOL. J/K.... very nice looking plane. It is definitely visible in the sky. I am quite impressed with that lil 'ole fity that "knows" it can. Good job.

Wait till you see the graphix Decal Dennis is doing for me! Going to be a real "Rodney Dangerfield" POP! :laughing:

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Oh just what we need....another plane that gets "no respect". But then...who really respects their planes while flying 3d? View attachment 100903

Well I have to say the new AR9140T has my respect. Them 5 BLS H50B servos pulled 42 amps peak. And they did a really good job holding the huge control surfaces. Flight log showed no failsafe or holds. 0 data packets lost on all 4 receivers. I'm really likin this Spektrum Gear. I just updated the "airware" last night and now my numb skull needs to figure out how it going to make me fly better.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Well I have to say the new AR9140T has my respect. Them 5 BLS H50B servos pulled 42 amps peak. And they did a really good job holding the huge control surfaces. Flight log showed no failsafe or holds. 0 data packets lost on all 4 receivers. I'm really likin this Spektrum Gear. I just updated the "airware" last night and now my numb skull needs to figure out how it going to make me fly better.

Glad to hear that you are happy with the new spectrum receiver, I have the older ones with great success but the new ones had some problems but it looks like they sorted it out and now it is solid unit. I am looking into the new spectrum 12xi radio and the same Ar9140T for my next plane.
So all I need now is radio, receiver and a DA120 to get the ViperST in the air this coming spring.