• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

PAU Owners Thread

Ken-H

Centerpunchit!
Thanks Jason, most fun I think I've had this year and it's almost over. Had our first snow a few days ago but we're back in the 80's pushing 90!

Ken-H;18130 wrote: Did some farm flying yesterday with the original prototype and had an absolute blast, here are a few pictures. This is basically just a horse pasture. It was pretty cool and this was in Harve, MT, last weekend was Kalispell, MT. This coming weekend is float flying on the Missouri in Great Falls.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php
Awesome Ken!!!

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
So how familiar are all you PAU owners with the Realflight sym? Does the 36% PAU Edge 540 fly at least close to the simulator? In my parts runs today whilst gathering needed items for my Sukhoi, I happened into one of the LHS and "dinked" around with the flight sym. they have in the store. I wanted to see what the PAU was like and holy crap. If that thing "ACTUALLY" flies anything like it does on the simulator, then I would say I am most absolutely hooked like a junkie to his fix. I had decided I wanted to give PAU a try in the spring. Now I am convinced it will be my next plane. What's everyones thoughts?

Islandflyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
stangflyer;19189 wrote: So how familiar are all you PAU owners with the Realflight sym? .../... I had decided I wanted to give PAU a try in the spring. Now I am convinced it will be my next plane. What's everyones thoughts?

The Real Flight program for the 36% Edge was developed by Chris who owned one of these planes.

He made it as close as he could to the one he had: his had a DA-100.

I personally flew the prototype (the one used for the graphics on the sim, with all the screws around the canopy).

Mine was every bit as docile as the sim.

I had a bit more KE coupling to correct than the sim, because I had never used any electronic mixing in the radio until recently.

Chris must have already mixed out some Rudder coupling on the sim program.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Islandflyer;19199 wrote: The Real Flight program for the 36% Edge was developed by Chris who owned one of these planes.

He made it as close as he could to the one he had: his had a DA-100.

I personally flew the prototype (the one used for the graphics on the sim, with all the screws around the canopy).

Mine was every bit as docile as the sim.

I had a bit more KE coupling to correct than the sim, because I had never used any electronic mixing in the radio until recently.

Chris must have already mixed out some Rudder coupling on the sim program.

I can think of only one other person that would know this plane as well as you. Thanks for your input Herve. I think this is the one I want for Huckfest next year. Besides my other two big boys. LOL

Islandflyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
stangflyer;19209 wrote: I can think of only one other person that would know this plane as well as you. Thanks for your input Herve. I think this is the one I want for Huckfest next year. Besides my other two big boys. LOL

The one on sim is the old version.

The new version is a hair heavier, same flying surfaced, but wider, taller fuse, more scale.

The 540 T and 540 Single seat will both be back in stock a few weeks (should be mid to late October)

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Islandflyer;19211 wrote: The one on sim is the old version.

The new version is a hair heavier, same flying surfaced, but wider, taller fuse, more scale.

The 540 T and 540 Single seat will both be back in stock a few weeks (should be mid to late October)

I was just looking at that. Due in October, right? Does the extra little added weight make much of a difference from the older version? I am just curious, because that plane is amazing.

Islandflyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
stangflyer;19219 wrote: I was just looking at that. Due in October, right? Does the extra little added weight make much of a difference from the older version? I am just curious, because that plane is amazing.

Actually, I like the new one better!