• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

PAU Owners Thread

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Islandflyer;19224 wrote: Actually, I like the new one better!

+1!!! I had the old version Edge and flew it with a DA100 (standard, not L), then upgraded to an EME120. Flew it like I hated it for two years, then I got the new version Edge with a DA120. New one is like a huge noisy foamy with a smoke system! My original Edge just got sold to it's third owner, still holding together and has never been rashed broken or damaged. I did find out once that full throttle blenders will snap pull-pull cables but the pane has never broken. By the weight of my new version with the DA120 I firmly believe that a strong 100L, DLE111 or DLE120 would be perfectly adequate to most pilots.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
This is awesome news. Thank you one and all. After flying my 260 and my smaller 50cc Pilot Edge, I have felt so "HOOKED" on the 3D. I can hardly wait till Spring. Now I just have to decide between the PAU 36% Edge or the 300SP. Either way, I am sure I will go with a DLE 120 and hey, I just got hooked up on a brand new smoke system. Can't see any reason not to put it into which ever air frame I decide on.:fist-pump-and-yes-s

mndless

Don't know a thing..
mndless;18265 wrote: Don't have much to show yet... she just got delivered the other day. I need to come up with a name for her... my wife says it needs to be a name that implies "the other woman"... Can't say I disagree... isn't she pretty...

much more to follow soon

attachment.php

Today, she made the trip from my office to the house.... started ordering "stuff" so we can start on this by the 1st of October... Ordered a Hyde Soft mount today, for the DA-170... that should be fun...

Islandflyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
mndless;19617 wrote: Today, she made the trip from my office to the house.... started ordering "stuff" so we can start on this by the 1st of October... Ordered a Hyde Soft mount today, for the DA-170... that should be fun...

How much weight is that adding?

Tip on the canopy: the top of the hatch inside the canopy can wrinkle, and I cannot get the iron to it.

I have been removing that part of the covering, and painted it flat black
attachment.php
attachment.php

mndless

Don't know a thing..
Islandflyer;19624 wrote: How much weight is that adding?

Tip on the canopy: the top of the hatch inside the canopy can wrinkle, and I cannot get the iron to it.

I have been removing that part of the covering, and painted it flat black
attachment.php
attachment.php

Thanks for that tip Herve... I can add something as a part of the instrument panel that will just cover that area... will post a picture when I rough it out.

Will post the mount weight shortly... can't put my finger on it, of course. It is 3/4" thick, so I am going to have to add some sort of decorative 1/4" ring to the front of the cowl...

There was a French pilot at the worlds who went to great lengths to minimize and isolate all frame vibrations... they said his plane was amazingly quiet. So.. we're going to give that a shot.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
mndless;19617 wrote: Today, she made the trip from my office to the house.... started ordering "stuff" so we can start on this by the 1st of October... Ordered a Hyde Soft mount today, for the DA-170... that should be fun...

I really think it should have made the trip from "your office" to "MY" house. I would be sooooo happy. LOL

mndless

Don't know a thing..
stangflyer;19643 wrote: I really think it should have made the trip from "your office" to "MY" house. I would be sooooo happy. LOL

:) ... SC to Idaho would be quite a trip !!

And Herve... the Hyde mount is 10 oz ....

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
2robinhood;12344 wrote: Did you miss where I said[SIZE= 16px] ( NOT ANY FAULT OF PAU ) ?[/SIZE]

This plane took the most aggressive abuse I ever put a plane through.

[SIZE= 16px]★★★★ NOT ANY FAULT OF PAU ★★★★

★★★★ 100% PILOT ABUSE ★★★★

AWESOME AIRPLANE[/SIZE]

Maybe it was my wide open throttle, full deflection pop tops and knife edge spins.

'Bout fell outta my chair.... LOL. So, why you beat your plane up like that? hee hee

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Really like the lines and sleekness of the Edge. But the Extra is so damned sexy. I'm determined that a new PAU is in the future but can't decide on which airframe. I know, I know, the Sukhoi is not quite finished and I'm already looking for another addition to the fleet. So I'm beyond help, what can I say? You guys that have them...any differences between the two? By the way, besides my other planes I've got two 50cc'ers, two 42%... so I am most interested in a 36%. And I will probably jump ship for a DA. Thoughts anyone?