• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

PAU Owners Thread

yeah...I was definitely happy with the fit and alignment. :banana-dance:The DLE222 is longer than the DA200...so I had to cut an additional 5/8' more of the motor box off before notching and mounting the firewall. I really need to start on the baffles someday. Unfortunately, right now I don't seem to have much of a desire to go down to a cold basement to work on it! But do have the week after Xmas off from work...so hopefully will get a big chunk of the plane done then.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Longer than the DA200? Should not be a problem on the PAU Edge. It's supposed to be set up with the option for the 222.

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
So I have had lots of 3DHS and Extreme Flight planes and I know the differences between those but looking at PAU for maybe a future purchase and just curious where there strengths are. Have not had more than a DA60 sized though and would be looking at the 100-120cc size.

tylerzx9r

100cc
Strengths_ Precision, 3D, Good built Kit, Not a heavy plane, Great Throws, Great customer Service! I cannot find any faults! Call Herve, he will be glad to help you out and answer any questions! He is a super guy! You could message Terry too, he has had more experience than I with them.

Finally got motivated and started on the baffling for the Extra...not 100% happy with my work, wish I had a CNC Rounter but guess for scroll saw, dremel, sanding block it will do. Have a little more touch up sanding to get the spacing around the cylinders a little more consistent. Will be putting a "T" cap on the rear former and using 3/16 foam to seal the former to the top half of the cowling. I am hoping that the other side will go a little faster!

One the other side is done I will post a couple completed photos....

76ee937a0c795c58d875de35ffad87ca_zpsfed2a161.jpg
2914ea01a0d65df6d035d70c6b5b42ec_zps0daed64f.jpg

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Finally got motivated and started on the baffling for the Extra...not 100% happy with my work, wish I had a CNC Rounter but guess for scroll saw, dremel, sanding block it will do. Have a little more touch up sanding to get the spacing around the cylinders a little more consistent. Will be putting a "T" cap on the rear former and using 3/16 foam to seal the former to the top half of the cowling. I am hoping that the other side will go a little faster!

One the other side is done I will post a couple completed photos....

76ee937a0c795c58d875de35ffad87ca_zpsfed2a161.jpg
2914ea01a0d65df6d035d70c6b5b42ec_zps0daed64f.jpg

I dunno....I think that looks pretty good. I am going to forward your photos to my son for him to reference if you don't mind. He is just about ready to start doing the baffling on his PAU Edge.

Last edited: