• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Old time Fav Slime Plane!

Daytonarc

70cc twin V2
Do-rag;4966 wrote: As for my slimers I have had a bunch of the ones named Kaos, Flip 3D, eaglet 50, falcon 56, Sig Kougar, and the list goes on. Have not met a plane I really did not like.

+1 :)

2walla

50cc
I still have a few hanging in the garage, one of my all time favorites was a profile hots with an asp 40. Flew it for years. My suburban had lots of tiny paint peel spots from doing touch and goes off the roof.

2walla;5011 wrote: I still have a few hanging in the garage, one of my all time favorites was a profile hots with an asp 40. Flew it for years. My suburban had lots of tiny paint peel spots from doing touch and goes off the roof.

Thats funny!

Favorite all around sport planes were by far the Four Star 40 and Super Sportster 40. But I could enjoy pretty much anything :D

Robotech

70cc twin V2
I have a Dave Patrick 120 size Ultimate with a Webra 1.20 that is a hoot. I've had it out on a permanent loan for about three years though. Best time ever though was when a few of us would chase each others plane around in a semi-pylon race pattern. Super Sportster 40s and Goldberg Tiger 2 ARFs.

This looks like the Old Aeropro Laser. I loved mine.

rcflyer;4348 wrote: This is one I put a lot of miles on in the early 90's. Laser built from a kit (I just can't remember which one...Not a Lanier.)

Good old fashion G-62 with Bill Cunningham Electronic Ignition. Great scale aerobatic (pattern). We didn't know what 3D was.

Man....this thread has me digging into the old pics. Good memories.

David

Oooops....not a slimer....forgot what thread I was in.

thurmma

150cc
thepamster;4110 wrote: I had to dig around for this picture but I still have this plane. I replaced it with a small Escapade. the Fun One flew better. I may recover it at some point.

attachment.php

Man that brings back memories of great times and great friends!

thurmma

150cc
Daytonarc;4180 wrote: The coolest thing about all of the "old slimers" is you had to learn to build and setup an airplane to make it fly. I see people now who have no clue about setting up servos and throws mechanically. And repairing an airframe is a no-brainer if you know how to build one, but today if a wing is not available on the internet, in the right color, after a bad landing the plane is garbage.

Other people's garbage has many times been my next arf.

This is so true of a lot of the youngsters getting into the hobby now days. It is actually really cool when you have a kid with a plane that isn't running right and you go over make an adjustment or two and explain why, how and what you did and you see the light start to shine a little brighter :)

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
thurmma;5226 wrote: Man that brings back memories of great times and great friends!

That's another badass looking plane. Another that would be badass scaled up to a 60-100cc size with modern equipment and construction.