• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Old time Fav Slime Plane!

Super08

70cc twin V2
stangflyer;2742 wrote: Favorite Slimer? Hands down, Carl Goldberg Eaglet 50. Powered by an OS FS20. The little plane that could. Truly the one I learned to fly on many moons ago. I believe I broke it in half, side ways, smashed the wing, crushed the gear, splintered the firewall, striped servos... and rebuilt it and recovered it about seven different times. By the time I solo'd, it was a darn nice flyin' plane. Think it flew better with each repair. Or maybe I just figured out that up stick is in fact not...up. LOL....
That was my most successful trainer as well. Darn thing flew like a dream.I think I had mine for three years before I finally wrote it off. I had an Enya .19 on mine.

Super08

70cc twin V2
For me my all time favorite that I have had the most fun with is also a Stick. Put the biggest engine on it that will fit and hang on. Lots of laughs and good times. A close second was a .40 Jemco Dynaflight Funscale Mustang. It was a very light weight design and the all up weight with a 40 was around 3.5 lb. It would go 120 mph yet slow to a crawl for landing. It was my first low wing plane after my Eaglet 50.

rcbobp

70cc twin V2
Robotech;5166 wrote: I have a Dave Patrick 120 size Ultimate with a Webra 1.20 that is a hoot. I've had it out on a permanent loan for about three years though. Best time ever though was when a few of us would chase each others plane around in a semi-pylon race pattern. Super Sportster 40s and Goldberg Tiger 2 ARFs.

I had the same setup. Dave Patrick made a great arf. Mine took a heck of a beating from dead stick landings until I had my Webra dialed in right. What ever happened to him?

SlowHuck

Bling, bling for flying things.
Howa 'bout the venerable Pronto. They were a 'must have' at my club in the early '70s. About as much fun as one could have with three channels. Crank up the throws and do wicked-looking snap rolls all day long.

:woohoo-dancing-bana:dancing-poop:

5788=2093-1740.jpg
5788=2093-1740.jpg

R.I.P. **** Rubelen.

My second plane as a kid was the Sig Kavaler .. however spelled.. I had so much fun with that plane, almost have built another one just to hang for nostalgia ! I wrecked it finally, but rebuilt it by flipping the fuse over, and making it a low winger.. had a blast for awhile longer, and flew even better!

Super08

70cc twin V2
JRgraham;5812 wrote: My second plane as a kid was the Sig Kavaler .. however spelled.. I had so much fun with that plane, almost have built another one just to hang for nostalgia ! I wrecked it finally, but rebuilt it by flipping the fuse over, and making it a low winger.. had a blast for awhile longer, and flew even better!

I never had one in the past but always loved how they flew. I picked one up this spring and will build it some day.

Ken-H

Centerpunchit!
For me it was an Goldberg Extra. Flew it for thirteen years, loved that plane. Sold it over ten years ago and I think it's still going.

Ken-H;5827 wrote: For me it was an Goldberg Extra. Flew it for thirteen years, loved that plane. Sold it over ten years ago and I think it's still going.

Yeah, great plane for sure! My Dad loved it too, one of his favorites. He actually is just finishing up a new one from a kit he has had saved for some years, this time with a DLE 20 RE :)

Although the kit was somewhat sloppy, being they had converted it from the Die cast to Lazer cut, they did not really do the best job on the conversion.. some stuff just did not fit together very well. He did a great job with it though