• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Old time Fav Slime Plane!

Flyin4fun

70cc twin V2
Terryscustom;5395 wrote: That's another badass looking plane. Another that would be badass scaled up to a 60-100cc size with modern equipment and construction.
I smell another one of Terryscustom's builds on the way.........:nodding-yes-by-a-ve

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
thurmma;5232 wrote: This is so true of a lot of the youngsters getting into the hobby now days. It is actually really cool when you have a kid with a plane that isn't running right and you go over make an adjustment or two and explain why, how and what you did and you see the light start to shine a little brighter :)

I had a friend and his son down from the Detroit area the other day and they brought an 35cc airplane with them. It's their first gasser and the son wanted to borrow a screwdriver to tune on it. I lent him one, but after a while I could see he wasn't getting it so I went over and told him what to do and in no time it was running great. I had that good feeling that you get from helping someone and it turns out well and then the other night I was looking for my tuning screwdriver and I realized I never got it back.:mad-new: The good feeling has faded.

Daytonarc

70cc twin V2
Jetpainter;5416 wrote: I had a friend and his son down from the Detroit area the other day and they brought an 35cc airplane with them. It's their first gasser and the son wanted to borrow a screwdriver to tune on it. I lent him one, but after a while I could see he wasn't getting it so I went over and told him what to do and in no time it was running great. I had that good feeling that you get from helping someone and it turns out well and then the other night I was looking for my tuning screwdriver and I realized I never got it back.:mad-new: The good feeling has faded.

I guess no good dead goes unpunished. I have multiple duplicate tools for all of the tools that I need often.

siko_flyer

70cc twin V2
Almost forgot this one,a Modeltech Twister, this thing was awesome to fly.You know how it seems you just weren't meant to have a specific plane?I had 5 of these. The first 2 were lost to a bad reversing y harness,I didn't figure out it was the problem until after the second crash.The demise of the next 3 were my fault.It flew so good that I would get over confident and do something stupid,like a double snap roll on take off:cocksure: After the 4th one they were no longer being made.I searched all over until I found one on ebay from a guy in Cali.I promised I wasn't going to do anything stupid with it,then came the dreaded double snap ideal.Never could find another one after that. Anyone else have one?

5451=1982-twister.jpg
5451=1982-twister.jpg

mbacosa

30cc
I flew off of floats primarily in my early RC years and my two favorites were the Goldberg JR. Tiger on floats with an O.S. 50 FSR. Way overpowered but freaking awesome. And then I had an ACE Bingo on floats with an O.S. 91 Surpass. What a great combo. THere was a guy at our club that had a Goldberg Eaglet 50 that was on floats too. Awesome float plane.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
You made me think of my Modeltech Calypso. I liked that one so much I owned the same one twice. Here it is after I bought it back from a friend and re did it. Rossi .60 a tuned pipe and mechanical retracts.

5469=1994-07-09-2011 10;51;20PM7.jpg
5469=1994-07-09-2011 10;51;20PM7.jpg

Do-rag

100cc
Anybody remember the Balsa USA Stingray? Had one many years ago with a webra 120 and it was one sweet flying airplane.

Pbilt024

70cc twin V2
I still love an old yellow twist. We did them different than most though, put os55's on them with 10x6 props and race each other. They would scream!