• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

SOLD! NIB's - Carden Extra 300 -$300

BalsaDust

Damn I wish I had seen this earlier. I would love to have a Carden to build from the start and have it the way I want.
Also how did @capthis let this one get by him

Last edited:

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
Hey @pawnshopmike,

I'm afraid I won't be doing a build thread on the Carden, sorry. . . . . . . . :sorry: The last thing I want to do is screw that plane up. I have a friend that has been building and flying planes for over 40 years, and he has a 35% Carden Extra 330 that is nothing short of AWESOME. I have wanted one of these things since the first time I ever saw his 35% fly. will try my best to sweet talk him into building it for me. Wish me luck . . . . :laughing:

booo! build it yourself! lol

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
You're funny @Bartman . . . . . .:LOL_gif: The problem is that I may not have time to finish my Laser this winter, the way things are going. Life just won't stay out of the way. . . . . :frown: There are also a few things you have to do to build the kit that I'm neither equipped to do nor know how to do, like paint the cowl & wheel pants or sheet the wings & turtle deck. I guess I'm just chicken . . . . . .:dancing-chicken::dancing-chicken::dancing-chicken:

BalsaDust

You're funny @Bartman . . . . . .:LOL_gif: The problem is that I may not have time to finish my Laser this winter, the way things are going. Life just won't stay out of the way. . . . . :frown: There are also a few things you have to do to build the kit that I'm neither equipped to do nor know how to do, like paint the cowl & wheel pants or sheet the wings & turtle deck. I guess I'm just chicken . . . . . .:dancing-chicken::dancing-chicken::dancing-chicken:

I have never done any foam sheeted wings but I want to learn and watching @Terryscustom do it makes it seem like its so easy a caveman can do it. One day I will come across a NIB Carden kit for myself.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
I've got a SIG Kougar you can do the wings on if you want Chris! It's a MK II, so there :)

Balsa fuse, foam core wings. Trike gear, ABS plastic T-Deck and cowl. Dad had 2 of them, and the 2nd one was much faster than the first one. Had a ST 45 with a tuned pipe on it. Guy had a Balsa USA Enforcer with a Rossi 90 fan engine on it, said it was the fastest thing going. That Enforcer couldn't catch the Kougar! We even put 30% Heli fuel in the Kougar, but it didn't matter!

The Kougar is a sweet flying bird!