• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

New ZDZ112 B2RV / Installation into PAU Edge 540

Hope you get something or hear something soon @Bunky.F.Knuckle ! I snuck out Friday for a couple of flights, thinking I could get a solid three flights or so. Followed one older guy into the field and he was flying a park flyer so I waited for him, he crashed and was working on it so I took off. I had turned the low needle one more blade width and it is right where I think I'm going to leave it for several gallons. From super low idle it kinda stumbles like it's lean, from high idle it spools like an electric on steroids. In the air it sounded VERY nice and was pulling very very nice.

I came in close and noticed I was missing a wheel!!:confused: I greased it in nice and slow, no issues at all and the old guy tells me"Nice flight!" and then follows with....... "ya know if you flew that beautiful plane like a normal person the wheels would not fall off." LOL

I think I ground the axle a little too far when I made a flat spot for the wheel collar, or maybe just had a weak axle, no biggie.
New Falcon 28x9.5 showed up today (same as I'm running on my DLE120) and am super excited to try that prop after another 6-10 flights.

I do wish i would hear something, but now I so seriously doubt it. ZDZ has left a bad taste in my mouth, now. Even tho I'm getting something for free, I should still receive it in a timely manner. I also noticed that no more contests have been ran on the ZDZ facebook page too.....

I also upped the prop size to 28x9.5 looking for just a tad more speed. Four flights and I think it's looking pretty darn good!

Terry, Have you tried the 28x9 wide? I am running that on my DLE 120 and like it pretty good. Curious if the 9.5 is (would be) any better for my application?

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I have not been able to get a 28x9 wide because they've been sold out for some time. I see rcaircraftcomponents has them, may have to order one up to try. So far the 28x9.5 is my favorite on the DLE120. ZDZ112 is very similar performance to the DLE120.

I have not been able to get a 28x9 wide because they've been sold out for some time. I see rcaircraftcomponents has them, may have to order one up to try. So far the 28x9.5 is my favorite on the DLE120. ZDZ112 is very similar performance to the DLE120.

If your up for a Temporary trade?? Ours are drilled the same I think.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
The 28x9w will give you more prop was for low and slow 3D where the 28x9.5 will give you just a tad more speed for IMAC and extreme stuff. Most people probably would not be able to tell the difference. Since our flying season is coming to a close soon I'll pick one up this Winter.