• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

New Twisted Hobbies Crack Fokker

Setup on box or setup on website

• box setup

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • website setup

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
Upper vertical fuse and top wing were next. I had some trouble getting the fuse installed while pulling the wire for the serv
image37.jpg
image38.jpg
image39.jpg
image40.jpg
image41.jpg
image42.jpg
image43.jpg
o through. Takes a little patience and time. Top wing was easy. Add the cabanes and flip it over to install the wing.

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
The tail was next. Add a cf piece and the control horn, then attach to the fuse. Control rod was the same as the elevator.

image44.jpg
image45.jpg
image46.jpg
image47.jpg
image48.jpg
image49.jpg

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
Motor mount and pilot are next. After I glue on the motor mount with welders, I put a small amount on the back side in each corner for extra strength. I added a piece of cloth to the pilot to add to the cool factor.

image52.jpg
image53.jpg
image54.jpg
image55.jpg
image56.jpg

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
Thanks for putting up a Fokker thread guys. I can help support you guys with specs, answers etc...

Here's a video for you to show those interested some of the antics that can be achieved. Flaps are cool and elevator to flap mixing is very cool too.

Quick question @Rolling.Circle I have the recommended motor from TH. I am using a Castle Talon 15 speed controller. When I go full throttle, I get the screeching noise. Do you know what causes that?

First off, Eric, you're doing a fantastic thread here. Very well done.

Mike, can't wait to hear about your build and lights.

As for the Talon, most of us have heard the screech on larger electrics and heard about timing being an issue.

Good support from AKNick above and thanks to him for posting the link to the pdf user manual.

I fly for Castle too so I can check with them for you tomorrow if need be. Let me know. Here's the link for the product's page.

http://www.castlecreations.com/products/talon.html

The Talon 15 is fully programmable but you need the CastleLink. Do you have it?

The PWM setting comes at default setting as what most motors use so I'm not sure what caused your issue. It may be simple calibration but I forget if the Talon needs it (full throttle and turn your radio on etc...).

PM if you get stuck and I will check with Steve on who I need to talk to on that. It'll give me a reason to call in...

Really nice thread here guys. I looked in and was impressed. Nice build. When we got ours, we built without a guide, so, it's kinda cool to see it done in a way that makes better sense LOL

Got another video underway now so will go back to editing... PM for help if the Talon doesn't cooperate please.

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
Thanks for all of your help guys. I figured it out today. It is the prop. I think it is too weak. Looks like when I get to just about full throttle, the prop is "bending" and causing the noise. I put an old orange 8x4.3 on there and it works great. They are the GWS slow fly props. Should I order up some of the direct drive props?