Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

New Twisted Hobbies Crack Fokker

Discussion in 'Foamies' started by ericb, Aug 11, 2016.

Setup on box or setup on website

1. box setup

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. website setup

5 vote(s)
    71.4%
  1. ericb

ericb Team WTFO GSN Contributor

I couldn't resist the crack addiction, so I ordered up one of these. The wonderful mailman left it on my front porch today. Can't wait to get started on the build. The only issue I have a question on is the recommended power system and rc items. According to the website, this is what is recommended
    24-26g 1400-1500kv Out Runner Brush-less Motor
    10-20A ESC
    (4) 7-9g Servos
    2s 600mah Lipo Battery
    According to the box, this is what is recommended
    60-100 W motor
    10-12A ESC
    4 X 6g servos
    3s 600-850mah lipo battery

The setup that is on the box is what I have in my crack yak and I think would work great on this one, but if it is actually the first setup, then my items might be a little weak for this plane. I will use the 9g servos out of my crack yak and then decide on the motor and speed controller setup. I did make a poll just to see what people think.

AKNick and pawnshopmike like this.
  2. I recommend a combination of both setups. 9 gram servos on the ailerons, 6 gram servos on the tail feathers. 3s power setup.
    :way_to_go:

ericb likes this.
  3. You pushed me over the edge. Just ordered mine! :D

I'm going to paint mine red before I build it.:)

ericb likes this.
  4. ericb

I actually have 9 gram servos from a donor crack yak that has been retired, so I plan on using those. I have the power system also, but ordered a different setup per the online specs. Just curious, my lipos from the crack yak are 3s 350mah. Will I have short flight times with those? I might have to order some bigger ones.

5. ericb

Alright, here is the packaging.

image01.jpg image02.jpg image03.jpg

pawnshopmike likes this.

6. ericb

I started on the tail. I used thin CA to glue in the CF braces. I then glued the fuse to the horizontal stab. image05.jpg image06.jpg image07.jpg image08.jpg

pawnshopmike likes this.
  7. ericb

Next I sliced the vertical fuse at the tabs. After that I built the wheels. They are made up of a center wooden disc with a foam "tire" around it. There is a foam disc for both sides and a small wooden doubler that goes on each side to help support the axle. image09.jpg image10.jpg image13.jpg image14.jpg

pawnshopmike likes this.
  8. ericb

Finally for the night I worked on the wings. I attached the middle one to the fuse and added the CF support. The servos go in the middle wing, so I also glued those in. image11.jpg image12.jpg image15.jpg image16.jpg image17.jpg image18.jpg I glued the bottom one together and added the cf support to the other 2. I also added the cf supports to the 4 cabanes that get them.

pawnshopmike likes this.
  9. My guess is yes the flight time will be short on the 350's. I'm lucky to get 5 minutes on 2s 325 packs on my 32" Crack Laser.

I'll probably use 3s 600 packs on my Fokker.

10. ericb

I will have to see what is out there for larger packs then.