• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

New Twisted Hobbies Crack Fokker

Setup on box or setup on website

• box setup

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • website setup

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
My guess is yes the flight time will be short on the 350's. I'm lucky to get 5 minutes on 2s 325 packs on my 32" Crack Laser.

I'll probably use 3s 600 packs on my Fokker.
I see some people wanting to try 2s packs after they have flown 3s packs. What would the difference be?

pawnshopmike

Staff member
I see some people wanting to try 2s packs after they have flown 3s packs. What would the difference be?

Only advantage I can see is a weight savings on the 2s. Or maybe it's WAY over powered on the 3s? I might have to give that some thought. I have lots of different packs so I guess I'll experiment a little.

Thanks for the heads up.

Thanks for putting up a Fokker thread guys. I can help support you guys with specs, answers etc...

Here's a video for you to show those interested some of the antics that can be achieved. Flaps are cool and elevator to flap mixing is very cool too.

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
Thanks for putting up a Fokker thread guys. I can help support you guys with specs, answers etc...

Here's a video for you to show those interested some of the antics that can be achieved. Flaps are cool and elevator to flap mixing is very cool too.

Thanks for posting. I plan on doing some mixing when I am finished.

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
Next I set up the control rods for the ailerons. This system is pretty neat. Basically a CF rod in between 2 clasps. Set everything at neutral and glue the rod into the clasps. Added the bottom vertical fuse and some bracing.

image03.jpg
image04.jpg
image05.jpg
image06.jpg
image07.jpg
image08.jpg
image09.jpg
image10.jpg

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
Elevator control rod. Very simple. Put the little white guides in the holes and thread the rod through. The rear clasp gets a white plastic tube. I had to open up the hole in my clasp a little so the tube fit inside of it.
image19.jpg
image20.jpg
image21.jpg
image22.jpg
image23.jpg
image24.jpg
image25.jpg
image26.jpg
image27.jpg
image28.jpg
image29.jpg
image30.jpg
image31.jpg
image32.jpg

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
Landing gear is pretty straight forward. The instructions show how to thread the cf rods. I accidentally used 1 incorrect rod. There are 6 rods that are the same length. 4 are a diameter, and 2 are a different diameter. I used one of the thinner ones on my gear. After everything was installed, I put welders where the cf rods cross. I fill the space in the fuse and it really strengthens things up.

image33.jpg
image34.jpg
image35.jpg
image36.jpg