• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

New servo has anyone any experience with this servo

yakken

100cc
I live in Canada so I can not answer your question. It took me 7 working days to receive the servo.
One thing I would like to bring up is that the connection plug from the servo to the reciever is my biggest concern.. Did a test and ran 5 amps through a connection and it got so hot you could barely touch it. At 10 amps it failed. Note this was new connectors. From this I will make all my leads from the servo to the reciever one wire and no connectors. I new they were not that good but not that bad, cannot belive that this is not a major concern in the hobby.
I have always hard wired my servos. The less failure points the better.[emoji106]

I live in Canada so I can not answer your question. It took me 7 working days to receive the servo.
One thing I would like to bring up is that the connection plug from the servo to the reciever is my biggest concern.. Did a test and ran 5 amps through a connection and it got so hot you could barely touch it. At 10 amps it failed. Note this was new connectors. From this I will make all my leads from the servo to the reciever one wire and no connectors. I new they were not that good but not that bad, cannot belive that this is not a major concern in the hobby.
Thanks, I have been running 8911 servos for a while and I'm interested in finding a cheaper alternative. Your connector amp test, do we ever really get that close to 5 amps? JR connectors are only rated for 3 amps.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I could not tell how many amps we pull during flite on one servo. What I do know from a friend that does have some telemetry in the plane that if does pull over 20 amps on a 40% plane for about 5 seconds.
The 5 amps came about when loading up the test servo to full load, this what made me start thinking.

The plugs are rated for 3A continous, 5A in a burst. But having a servo stall or hard over, will max out 5A plus. Which will melt a connector.

Hi everyone.
So far is a green green green or a no go for the servos? I need servos and already over my budged and those would probably be a good idea ( or not ).
Thank you and fly safe ( and low )

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I would put it in my next plane had 5 lb weight hanging on 1 inch arm got about 45 minutes of cycling until the battry ran flat. That pretty serious test and it is still working as if it is new. Pleas not have not flowen with servo just got it playing with it to how good it is. So far so good. Will installing in a plane to fly latter this year when it warms up.