• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

New Here? Introduce yourself!

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Welcome, Willyman, glad to have you here! What do you fly and where do you fly? Tell us about yourself! :)

Darn it, I was hoping to be the first to welcome a new face. Had to get on a flight. In any event- welcome.

coreman

50cc
Fremontflyers.com give a visit and let me know what you think. It's a very laid back club that I'm trying not to change but to bring up to the current state of the hobby. We have about 50 members, roughly 25 or so "active" and about 15 "very active". We have some good neighboring clubs too. Our "off site" venue is a small airport, Plum Island, MA that we use for several events.
You and the team are doing a terrific job with the Forum. I don't hesitate to recommend it and I do every chance I get. The general population (up here anyway) seems to be about 2 years behind: 3DHS, Extreme Flight, 3DRCF "what are they?" You look at links and see tower, RC universe, great planes, etc. I have "infected" our club with help of a few others- [MENTION=646]cwojcik[/MENTION], [MENTION=271]Enterprise[/MENTION] and [MENTION=443]ghoffman[/MENTION] with the XA, 3D, precision, Extreme Flight virus so we're excited about this year.

Cody is a great resource to have. A good guy, amazing flyer and always willing to help another

coreman

50cc
Thanks man. Unfortunately it's hosted by Dual Rates and I don't have direct control over that. However I will ask the guy. He's open to suggestions. I'm pretty happy. It definite has plenty if useful information, some education and entertainment. I'll check the Eugene site. Again thanks.

If you standardize the picture size or crop them there are tools to take stills and make a .gif that will "rotate" through in the browser and be a single file on the site. For example, this is just 8 stills taken from a video
rotating_Yak55.gif

(oh, and you can specify the time each image is visible) This is a client side process (happens in the browser) so there is no additional server load other than sending the image file once. And it works in all browsers

Last edited by a moderator:

dth7

Sorry, looks like "Willyman" was a spammer.... he's no longer with us.

Figures- the only one I beat Mike to was garbage! Ugh! I'll get Mike one of these days! Lol. Glad you caught it Gary.

dth7

If you standardize the picture size or crop them there are tools to take stills and make a .gif that will "rotate" through in the browser and be a single file on the site. For example, this is just 8 stills taken from a video
rotating_Yak55.gif

(oh, and you can specify the time each image is visible) This is a client side process (happens in the browser) so there is no additional server load other than sending the image file once. And it works in all browsers

This takes a long time to load [MENTION=496]coreman[/MENTION]

gyro

GSN Contributor
Figures- the only one I beat Mike to was garbage! Ugh! I'll get Mike one of these days! Lol. Glad you caught it Gary.

our "vetting" process for new users is generally very good... sometimes some spammers squeak through, and sometimes the good ones get caught (sorry!) but we try very hard to keep this place spam free!

coreman

50cc
This takes a long time to load [MENTION=496]coreman[/MENTION]

Well, you can build the GIF out of smaller images. I just wanted the logo to be good resolution ;) That image is only 418.04 KB (428073 bytes). And for 8 images that is about 50kb each. I'm sure half of that could be cut out and still have a usable image. And nothing says you can't just use 3-4 images. I did leave it on my website versus having it loaded in the forum in case the forum flattened GIFs. For the slideshow on my main page I use preloaded images and javascript so I can do a different click through for each image and THAT is bigger

Anyway, GIFs are just an alternative some people don't think about