• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

New Here? Introduce yourself!

Jkim

50cc
I have already posted on another thread. But just wanted to introduce myself in the proper one.

My name is Jamie and I live in Birmingham Alabama. Roll Tide!!! I have been around the hobby since I was a child with my father sitting in his lap while he was building, I can't ever remember him flying but just building. (I do recall a Kraft transmitter that I use to play with all the time). Well he retired in 2004 and picked it up again so I started flying with him. I soloed in 2005 and it was a snowball from there. I have always enjoyed the 3D flying but never did it since there was not much of that going on at the club I belonged to. I went to Nall 3 years in a roll and never had so much fun or have met any nicer people in my life.
Well in 2008 I had several events happen in my life including losing my father, so I took a break from flying. 5 years later I am back full force doing my best to learn to fly 3D. I currently have a 71" Slick with a DLE 35 that is crazy awesome, a Aeroworks 35% edge 540 with a 3W 100, and a DPM Ultimate that I am going to convert from glow to gas. If the is anything else you would like to know just ask. I am an open book.

joshgluck

100cc
I have already posted on another thread. But just wanted to introduce myself in the proper one.

My name is Jamie and I live in Birmingham Alabama. Roll Tide!!! I have been around the hobby since I was a child with my father sitting in his lap while he was building, I can't ever remember him flying but just building. (I do recall a Kraft transmitter that I use to play with all the time). Well he retired in 2004 and picked it up again so I started flying with him. I soloed in 2005 and it was a snowball from there. I have always enjoyed the 3D flying but never did it since there was not much of that going on at the club I belonged to. I went to Nall 3 years in a roll and never had so much fun or have met any nicer people in my life.
Well in 2008 I had several events happen in my life including losing my father, so I took a break from flying. 5 years later I am back full force doing my best to learn to fly 3D. I currently have a 71" Slick with a DLE 35 that is crazy awesome, a Aeroworks 35% edge 540 with a 3W 100, and a DPM Ultimate that I am going to convert from glow to gas. If the is anything else you would like to know just ask. I am an open book.

Welcome Jamie! Glad to have you here

gyro

GSN Contributor
Lots of new member accounts approved over the last month, haven't seen anyone stop by and say hi! Don't be shy! :D