• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

My new 72" 3DHS Extra 330

quadracer

100cc
Not to fuel the radio war fire, but remember, this Rx was involved in a crash.... One can only assume a Hitec or Futaba Rx would have faired no better.
I use a Spektrum DX6i, and I've had no issues so far.

Before you buy a new radio, make sure your throttle kill isn't mixed into any other programming functions that could be killing the entire system.

Jwmav528

70cc twin V2
Also, try a rx from another model. See if it experiences the same problems. If it doesn't, send the problem to Spektrum to be checked out. Also check your rx pack voltage. A lot of link issues can stem from low voltage issues.

It's a good thing that you're finding these things now before you fly it. I assume that your other planes work without problems? Even on rang checks?

It would be a good idea to get someone else to hold the radio, walk away and rang check it and try to work the surfaces while you stand with the airplane and see what it does, if you have not already done so. If it disconnects every time even with different receivers, you're radio might have a connection problem. I had a similar issue with a DX7 and I sent it back and they fixed it free of charge, It's never a bad idea to send the thing in for maintenance every now and then anyway.

If the problem persists, I agree with the others, send the radio in.

Thanks
Brian

lugnutz

30cc
rc girl are you using a 821 for your throttle servo ,if so check that,a friend of mine had the same problem and turned out that he was over driving the servo and burned it up ,plus his end points were wrong
if you are using a 821 get rid of it and get another servo

dsm2, dsmx has nothing to do with your problem,also remember you are using a dx6i with a ar7000 rx so you can only use 6 channels,also check and make sure the your 6i is set to US power and not europe power setting,i think its the very last screen on page 2 of the transmitter

Last edited by a moderator:

RC Girl

70cc twin V2
It's a good thing that you're finding these things now before you fly it. I assume that your other planes work without problems? Even on rang checks?

It would be a good idea to get someone else to hold the radio, walk away and rang check it and try to work the surfaces while you stand with the airplane and see what it does, if you have not already done so. If it disconnects every time even with different receivers, you're radio might have a connection problem. I had a similar issue with a DX7 and I sent it back and they fixed it free of charge, It's never a bad idea to send the thing in for maintenance every now and then anyway.

If the problem persists, I agree with the others, send the radio in.

Thanks
Brian

All my other planes work fine with the transmitter

RC Girl

70cc twin V2
rc girl are you using a 821 for your throttle servo ,if so check that,a friend of mine had the same problem and turned out that he was over driving the servo and burned it up ,plus his end points were wrong
if you are using a 821 get rid of it and get another servo

dsm2, dsmx has nothing to do with your problem,also remember you are using a dx6i with a ar7000 rx so you can only use 6 channels,also check and make sure the your 6i is set to US power and not europe power setting,i think its the very last screen on page 2 of the transmitter

I'm using a Hitec HS-7955TG for throttle. And ok I'll check that

sparkx38

50cc
Don't just test to see if the surfaces work. Test if they are going in the right direction. Seen this mistake and its usually fatal.

+1 on that. Had a friend change out a aileron servo, seen it was working, took off and did a real ugly snap right into the ground. Thought he was gonna cry. shoot thought I was gonna cry and it wasn't even my plane.