• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

My new 72" 3DHS Extra 330

njswede

150cc
RC Girl, I'm a bit confused. I thought you said you had checked the radio link and it was OK. Before we take this too far in any direction, I think you need to go through your system component by component.

1) Does the radio bind? (Faulty receiver or transmitter)
2) Does it pass a 50ft range check? (Faulty antenna, receiver or transmitter)
3) Is the throttle servo moving along with the stick and without slop and jitter? (Probably faulty servo)
4) Is the throttle arm on the carb moving along with the stick without slop? (Faulty linkage)
5) Is the engine responding to throttle? (Carb needs tuning or needle valve faulty)

Have you been able to isolate it to any component?

RC Girl

70cc twin V2
RC Girl, I'm a bit confused. I thought you said you had checked the radio link and it was OK. Before we take this too far in any direction, I think you need to go through your system component by component.

1) Does the radio bind? (Faulty receiver or transmitter)
2) Does it pass a 50ft range check? (Faulty antenna, receiver or transmitter)
3) Is the throttle servo moving along with the stick and without slop and jitter? (Probably faulty servo)
4) Is the throttle arm on the carb moving along with the stick without slop? (Faulty linkage)
5) Is the engine responding to throttle? (Carb needs tuning or needle valve faulty)

Have you been able to isolate it to any component?

The radio binds
I walked about 40 paces away while in range check mode. I lost connection at 40 paces
The servo and linkage are working fine
No, the engine isn't responding to throttle

So I think the engine is the problem, but it's been working fine until just recently..the only thing I have charged lately is the idle screw on the engine

quadracer

100cc
Could it be a failsafe that is inhibiting the throttle from working?
Are you trying to throttle up before the range check, or after?

RC Girl

70cc twin V2
Could it be a failsafe that is inhibiting the throttle from working?
Are you trying to throttle up before the range check, or after?

I did a range check and then about an hour later I just started her up. I don't think it's the fail safe because the throttle servo and pushrod are still moving

teookie

70cc twin V2
I don't think its a radio problem any more, since it sounds like the throttle servo is working as it should. I must say though, that it is very strange to hear that the throttle pushrod is moving the throttle on the engine w/o changing engine rpm. This doesn't seem possible. If the throttle butterfly opens up and gives the engine more air, it should either speed up or go super lean and die.

Get us a video if you can RC girl. Or find some local help that can look it over in person.

RC Girl

70cc twin V2
I don't think its a radio problem any more, since it sounds like the throttle servo is working as it should. I must say though, that it is very strange to hear that the throttle pushrod is moving the throttle on the engine w/o changing engine rpm. This doesn't seem possible. If the throttle butterfly opens up and gives the engine more air, it should either speed up or go super lean and die.

Get us a video if you can RC girl. Or find some local help that can look it over in person.

I'm gonna try and get a video for u guys but it's been raining all day so i don't know when I'll be able to get one..I'll try ASAP

RC Girl

70cc twin V2
Wow..I feel really stupid now..I charged the ignition batt and now the engine works fine but needs to be tuned. But I think there's something wrong with my receiver, once I cut the engine I lost control of all my control surfaces.. Ugh! Why can't everything just work?!

teookie

70cc twin V2
Well at least you solved half the problem. And with the added benefit of teaching us all the symptoms of a low ignition battery. :)

Maybe you can find a used 7C for sale somewhere. That's what I used before getting the 8FG and its a great inexpensive radio. (No throttle curve function though.)

Edit: or a dx7 since you already have spectrum rx's.

Edit again: or the dx8 like you just said. :). Even better.

Last edited by a moderator: