• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

My first Giant Scale Airframe EF 94" MXS-EXP

cam4569

70cc twin V2
Cant go wrong with overkill @bushwaker. Personally I'd rather have to much than not enough with my erratic flying style

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
[MENTION=2628]ServoCity[/MENTION] has sales all the time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Did a dry fit and a little compression against the 61" Extra just for shits and giggles. WoW!
Man I can't wait to get this sucker in the air. Im even selling one of my Heli's. So go HERE
check it out and buy it. The money is for a good cause LOL it will go towards the motor.
Speaking of motor, Wish the new Extreme Flight Torque motor would hurry up and come out.
I watched that video of it in that Yak and was pretty impressed. Not to bad at all for a 60cc Equivalent.
What I want is an electric motor that will be as good or better than the DA70. Thats the hiccup because
the Torque motor is a 60cc so getting the same performance as the DA70 is probably not going to happen.
That means I will be back to looking at either the Motrolfy DM 5335 with a custom wind or the Hacker Q80-6L
or maybe even one of those RotoMax 80cc motors. Things is I don't know anything about the RotoMax other
than what little I have seen on YouTube and a few other small articles. I know the Hacker runs pretty warm,
but I don't really ever hear of one failing because of the heat. Plus with some good baffling placement I think
one could keep the temps down pretty good. They are just so dang proud of those motors man...So much $$$
Time and money is all I need. Started putting it together and prepping it for the hardware. Taking pics as I go
so peeps can see how I put this one together. Once I get that part of the build done I'll post it up for ya.

View attachment 2016-04-29 11.06.07.jpgView attachment 2016-04-29 11.07.26.jpg

cam4569

70cc twin V2
EFL Power 360 180kv - pulling 145A check this guy out with a CC 160A ESC.
http://www.atlantahobby.com/Store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=19968

360 for the motor rated to pull a 25lb 3D plane around

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Thanks for the link [MENTION=4379]cam4569[/MENTION] seems like a pretty decent motor, but a few of my buds down at the local field told me to stay away from that one. Guess they both got one these and they both failed within two months of each other.
Also said the performance was not quite what they expected. Now I don't know how true all that is just what they said. I take it you or someone you know has had better luck?

cam4569

70cc twin V2
No I just saw a big biplane that was running it. Just sharing options as I come across them. Doesn't seem to be to much in that large of a motor really. I wonder if anyone has ever tried to tie two motors together similar to an in line engine with a long shaft connecting the two

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk