• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Motorcycles?

Mikeq

150cc

That is sad news...especially when its someone who has devoted so much of his life to bikes. I've lost people I know, friends and relatives to motorcycle accidents over the years and that possibility of it happening to me is always in the back of my mind but I feel it's still worth the risk. You could say the same thing about full scale pilots.

I once watched a hang glider club assemble their wings and jump off a cliff during updrafts and gain altitude rapidly...it's amazing how that hobby/endeavor has evolved since the first delta wings...I told one of the club members I would love to learn to hang glide but it looked too dangerous..he laughed and said riding that motorcycle you have is much more dangerous than hang gliding...

Yakman

70cc twin V2
Mikeq;13449 wrote: I meant nothing bad just had a discussion recently and Harley/AMF was brought up...I almost bought an Electra glide but my wife wanted the Honda more..

I always LMAO with, You meet the nicest people on a Honda. It's all good, ride what you wanna ride. Fly what you wanna fly.

Mikeq

150cc
Yakman;13522 wrote: You meet the nicest people on a Honda.

Humm wasn't that an old Honda commercial? Glad I make you laugh..My youngest son owns a Harley and occasionally lets me ride it..Love that vibration and unique sound it has:winking-thumbs-up-s

Yakman

70cc twin V2
It sure was, i saw that all the time. Harley never advertised, their advertisement was either running down or broke down on the road. lol. What does Harleys and German Shepards have in common?

Yakman

70cc twin V2
My coworker and his son has those. His sons is the high output with extras added, man it screams wicked. Offered me to ride it, never said no thanks any faster.

Mikeq

150cc
Yakman;13395 wrote: 1978 Electra Glide.
13395=7260-DSCN0578.jpg
13395=7260-DSCN0578.jpg

13395=7261-DSCN0634.jpg
13395=7261-DSCN0634.jpg
Harley has over the years been the brunt of many jokes but I have to say when shopping for a bike they absolutely carry the best resale value..

I looked at used Harleys..that damn near cost as much as a new one ...especially if modifications were added....so owning a Harley could be viewed as an investment also..That 1978 model vintage Harley would probably sale for a more than fair amount of money...

quadracer

100cc
My current ride-

05 CBR600rr

13600=7528-ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409510203.103713.jpg
13600=7528-ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409510203.103713.jpg

I'm probably going to sell it this winter and get a race prepped 250.