• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Motorcycles?

Mikeq

150cc
Went on a trip up into the Ozarks today...stopped and ate at the Ozark Cafe in Jasper then headed on to Harrison then back south towards home...about a 290 mile trip. Beautiful day to ride ...most of the trip was overcast and in the mid to upper 80s... Got some shots of my current Goldwing and some of the Ozarks...

13992=7927-Texas and Jasper 039.jpg
13992=7927-Texas and Jasper 039.jpg
13992=7928-Texas and Jasper 040.jpg
13992=7928-Texas and Jasper 040.jpg
13992=7929-Texas and Jasper 042.jpg
13992=7929-Texas and Jasper 042.jpg
13992=7924-Texas and Jasper 044.jpg
13992=7924-Texas and Jasper 044.jpg
13992=7925-Texas and Jasper 045.jpg
13992=7925-Texas and Jasper 045.jpg
13992=7926-Texas and Jasper 047.jpg
13992=7926-Texas and Jasper 047.jpg

Yakman

70cc twin V2
While you were out on your Honda, did you meet some nicest people? lol. That's a nice looking bike you have. Not the best weather here for riding or flying, damn rain.

Mikeq

150cc
Yakman;14030 wrote: While you were out on your Honda, did you meet some nicest people? lol. That's a nice looking bike you have. Not the best weather here for riding or flying, damn rain.

Believe it or not there weren't that many bikes out today...I was surprised...guess everyone was at a lake somewhere...usually hwy 7 is loaded down with bikes especially crotch rockets. I guess South Dakota gets winter weather pretty early but you guys are tough and fly anyway regardless of the temperature...

Yakman

70cc twin V2
We can ride and fly quite a bit year round up here. The wind is the kick your butt issue. The Black Hills has some nice hwys for riding.

Mikeq

150cc
Yakman;14050 wrote: We can ride and fly quite a bit year round up here. The wind is the kick your butt issue. The Black Hills has some nice hwys for riding.

Yeah I know...made a trip up there several years ago...started at Hot Springs and ended up at Dead Wood/Sturgis. Loved Iron mountain..single lane roads through carved out tunnels.. one where you exit and Mount Rushmore is directly in front of you and Crazy Horse where they are still dynamiting to create his sculpture... We love South Dakota and are trying to cook up another bike trip....

Yakman

70cc twin V2
Hey man, if you do let me know and i'll ride with you. They will be working on that crazy horse for a long time after we gone.

Mikeq

150cc
Yakman;14255 wrote: Hey man, if you do let me know and i'll ride with you. They will be working on that crazy horse for a long time after we gone.

Okay..Yeah I was quite impressed with the history of that place and they do have a long way to go...that's what I call a major undertaking...

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Eugh had a nasty weekend this past weekend. Group of 6 including me, someone decided we should go to the busiest place in town, flogged with motorcycles. The group newbie (we shall call him Squidward) thought it would be kewl to try and keep up with me and my buddy on his R1 (both of us are the most experienced riders with 10+ years on bikes). Well he wound up passing me on his Ninja 636 (I'm on a KLR650) and tried to keep up with the R1. One thing led to another and the next thing I know is I'm seeing the R1 turning around in the road up ahead- no sign of the Ninja.

Backtracked to the previous corner and all I see are skidmarks in the dirt off the opposing shoulder. Must have panicked when he saw a parked truck, locked the front brake up, laid the bike down on its right side, the front wheel striking the trucks running board and blowing the left fork completely open (oil everywhere). He went over the edge of the hill backwards and right into a tree. Full force of the bike at his front too.

He wound up having to be life flighted out of the area, and we found out through his wife that he had a broken L2 and L3 ontop of 2 broken ribs.

We had warned him numerous times to not try to keep up with us and to stick with the back of the pack. Guy just doesn't know how to listen..