• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Moki 180 (30cc) blast from the past

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
I got SCARED when I seen that starter stand:msn_slap: Looked good Kelly. I haven't seen to many chipmunks, but the ones I have always seem they want to tip over on take off or landing, that looked very stable.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
I got SCARED when I seen that starter stand:msn_slap: Looked good Kelly. I haven't seen to many chipmunks, but the ones I have always seem they want to tip over on take off or landing, that looked very stable.

LoL....That particular stand was made for bigger planes and more than enough to defeat any MORONALIZER! as long as you keep 100cc air frames away from it!

The ground handling of this plane was excellent. It flies like what it is tho....Old School GS aerobat. Watch the air speed and elevator or it will stall and snap in. Even on high rate the mechanical limit and size built in to the control surfaces makes for a bit slow to respond and only moderate authority when doing aerobatic maneuvers. But all around general flying and touch and go's are a blast. Never had a bad landing when I flew it. Solid control and very scale like. The Moki really impressed me! I LIKE!

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Very nicely done! So what size fuel tank is that thing? 32 oz, 40oz?

18 oz tank! There was about 1/4 tank left after the flight in the video. The Moki is a thirsty brute and it was a bit rich but the engine is really just like brand new ( saw very little run time in its previous service) now so treating it accordingly. Like I said earlier....20x8 xoar 7200 in hot humid weather! The Moki is a brute!
The gas versions are way too expensive IMO but I could see a conversion on a glow unit made easily and cost effective.

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I flew a 16lb(?) Great Planes Patti Wagstaff Extra 300 for several years powered by a Moki 2.10. Plenty of power, I think I used 22" props.