• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Moki 180 (30cc) blast from the past

Yep! The slip streams are the ARF version of the old OMP kit. I'm having dinner tonight with them and will get some pictures.

OMP didnt make a kit. You are probably thinking of Ohio R/C Models. That would have been Bob Ankney's business. If memory does serve me correctly, John Drake did invest in Ohio RC. I could be wrong, tho.....

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
OMP didnt make a kit. You are probably thinking of Ohio R/C Models. That would have been Bob Ankney's business. If memory does serve me correctly, John Drake did invest in Ohio RC. I could be wrong, tho.....

I believe you are right that it is an Ohio RC kit. The same company that made the giant scale tail wheels. I think lol . One thing I do know for sure is my memory gets....well.....lost sometimes:confused??:.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Ohio SuperStar tail wheel assemblies.

And to think I actually lived near Columbus Ohio before leaving home! See what the heat does to a guy down here.lol

Why did these RC companies just not name themselves something to identify with other than the entire state? Like "Buckeye RC" or something like that:ugh!:.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Just some final pics of the Moki 180 Nestled in the cowl and awaiting the flight line.
236.jpg
237.jpg

N726AC

70cc twin V2
The big Mokis would run just fine on 0% FIA fuel. Prime it just right, connect the glow plug igniter, and just give the spinner a quick twist backwards against the compression. Very reliable engine.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
The big Mokis would run just fine on 0% FIA fuel. Prime it just right, connect the glow plug igniter, and just give the spinner a quick twist backwards against the compression. Very reliable engine.

I got some vid I will soon post. You are most correct on starting. It is so easy just to flip it against compression and walla!!!:)

We used 10 year old byrons 5% fuel. I was amazed it worked. And it worked well.