• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D MOJO 65 w/20cc Build

Luchnia

70cc twin V2
I am getting down to some final steps with my Mojo 65. I pretty much mounted engine, fuel tank, and all electronics (except throttle servo, ignition, switch and battery) and then removed it all to get ready to cover the plane. I still have to cut my battery/switch hatch on the wing.

I plan to do the smooth "final" sanding and hope to get the covering on this weekend if all goes well and might even possibly get it completed. Covering may take some time as I am doing an older EF "extra" scheme that has some extra cutting. Of course my status depends on flying weather and other odds and ends.

I wondering about the CG. From what I have read it seems to balance tail heavy with the DLE 20? Some folks say don't worry this plane will fly at the extreme tail heavy mode. When I maiden a new plane I am usually somewhat conservative until I feel the characteristics of the plane. I don't want any unforeseen challenges :D

BalsaDust

Im not sure about the mojo 65 but all the other mojo's recommended CG range that is on the plans is based on someone that might be newer to flying.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
These planes were designed around 3D, harrier, hovering, of which most look for tail heavy. Mine was by normal standards tail heavy, I used weights to balance it, and it flew like crap, took the weights off and wah lah. Now if your looking to fly it like typical aircraft, circle jerk, then balance it. Remember, this plane was designed around a nitro, you are far heavier on the nose than any nitro would be, think about that for a minute then go fly the mess out of it.

Luchnia

70cc twin V2
I finally got my MOJO 65 finished, well except for a few minor odds and ends. Hopefully the pics will work.

MojoFront.jpg
MOJOSide.jpg
MojoFront.jpg
MOJOSide.jpg
Top2.jpg
WingTopLeft.jpg
WingTopRight.jpg
Top1.jpg

Luchnia

70cc twin V2
I have no clue as I have not weighed it yet. I will make me a note to weigh it. Probably be next week before I get to it. I have not checked CG either.

Luchnia

70cc twin V2
Ok, I was wondering so I went and weighed it best I could on flat scales. I have better scales in my trailer, but did not pull them out. From what I can tell it weighs around 8lbs 13-14 oz. I would think that would be a tad on the heavy side for a DLE 20, but I don't really weigh any of my planes.

Not sure how you could have cut more weight off of this plane using the quality wood that we did. It was definitely not over glued so that did not add much weight. I do have a 2500 MAH Life battery that is heavy. Hope that DLE will pull it around decent. I have a DLE 20 on my Aerobeez profile. I will have to compare them to see how much difference there is.