• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D MOJO 65 w/20cc Build

JAG

70cc twin V2
Yeah looks great. Nice covering scheme. Yeah a little on the heavy side for a DLE20 but it will fly fine but just will not have crazy pullout.

Alky6

150cc
Looks awesome! Great job covering it!

I haven't got much more done on mine. Still have one aileron to finish. Did get to an IMAC contest in Salinas this weekend though.... Tons of fun!

Alky6

150cc
Getting back to the this after a bit of a haitis. Ailerons are done and started cutting slots for the hinges on the surfaces.

Question: What control horns have you all used/recommend for the mojo 65?
Thanks!

Luchnia

70cc twin V2
I used the Dubro that has the single bolt through and the plastic piece screws on then you mount your ball link to that and a ball link at the servo end. I sort of wanted to use the fiberglass horns where you put in two slots and the ball link goes between them with a bolt through, but opted to use the Dubro as they were easy. I just put a dowel in where the bolt would go and drilled it.

BalsaDust

The ones like Luchnia described are the easiest but be sure to drill for a hardwood dowel or put a ply plate on both sides as the balsa will compress quickly in flight if you don't.

Luchnia

70cc twin V2
I simply could not get mine to balance anywhere close so I got a smaller battery and mounted it as far forward in the wing to the leading edge as possible. That saved almost 2 oz, but doesn't really help on balance point. Then I got a brass adapter/spinner that was around 2 or more ounces and put on the front of the engine and could hardly tell any difference.

The sucker was still tail heavy balancing at around 9" or so. If I am not mistaken that is around 1-2 inches beyond what folks say is aggressive for this plane. It will take about 5 more ounces on the front to balance it around 8" or maybe a tad under 8". I feel like I should at least make the maiden flight balanced before I risk it being tail heavy.

The plane weighed just under 9 lbs (around an ounce under 9) and I sure wished I could keep it at that and not have to add weight on the front to fly it. If I don't like the way this plane flies, I will strip the covering off the fuse and start trimming this sucker down on the back end to remove some weight.

Luchnia

70cc twin V2
BTW, I plan to maiden it soon, but weather around here has been a dog. We had heavy rains, wind around 15 or so, and overcast. I just got back from mowing the field and the wind kept blowing my hat off!