• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Knife edge spin.

Patroller

70cc twin V2
I have been able to get all of my EF planes to do them albeit inconsistently, but have not had much success on my twisted hobbies kits until the last week. I stated to use just a bit more rudder to get it on the side. The EF planes just seem to fall into more naturally. I am slowly getting better at corrective inputs to start them.

ChickenBalls;7903 wrote: [MENTION=766]JaseTheAce[/MENTION]; I see your a glow pilot, but whats your stick inputs for Knife Edge spin?

I start with about half of full left rudder, a little bit of left aileron until it gets straight, and obviously full down elevator. I just adjust the ailerons throughout the maneuver to keep it straight. Most of the time during the spin, I have a little bit of right aileron. During the exit, I usually exit two different ways. I either roll out to the left or go into an inverted flat spin and rollout to the left. Always exit by rolling to the left (which is the torque of the prop) because if you roll to the right, it won't come out as easily and/or might never exit.

Bhughes

70cc twin V2
I find full right rudder full down elev a little left aileron and then increase power to really whip it lol. Too much Aileron puts you into a flatspin. Not having enough elev travel will cause a poor ke spin. My 3hds 92" edge will go perfect 90 degrees with max elev

O

Ohio AV8TOR

It's interesting seeing so many different ways to do a KE spin. Several planes that I have had did take some differences. Now I just push of on the top line instead of a hammerhead and some left rudder and it's on.

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
Thanks Jase no worries on the exit. I'm old and don't have your cat like reflexes, so I start 4 mistakes high, and when I think I'm near 2, I bail out, you call it exiting. I call it out sheet bail. I do all this while holding my breath, and giving the tx as much body English as possible.