• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Knife edge spin.

I thought thats what it was but the sfg's threw me off, I thought PAU was dead set against them! Not scale!

Silly question, how do you post a live link to a webpage? I have never been able to figure that one out...

2robinhood

70cc twin V2

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
gyro;6730 wrote: Instead of jamming the sticks in the corners, try this: once it's stalled and horizontal, try adding full down elevator only, then watch the plane... you can figure out what it needs from there, as it likely isn't full deflection aileron and rudder. Don't move CG yet, just learn the inputs again :D
That's what my son and I do with our 50cc Pilot Edges. Only thing different is after pushing full down elevator, we mash the gas and whoopy... you better not be faint hearted. Actually surprised they stay together as fast as they spin. Learning what the plane needs was a big help to both of us.

gyro

GSN Contributor
stangflyer;17010 wrote: That's what my son and I do with our 50cc Pilot Edges. Only thing different is after pushing full down elevator, we mash the gas and whoopy... you better not be faint hearted. Actually surprised they stay together as fast as they spin. Learning what the plane needs was a big help to both of us.

Hope you continue to have fun, and take your spins lower and lower!

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
gyro;17391 wrote: Hope you continue to have fun, and take your spins lower and lower!
Yeeeah..... I am not sure this old heart can take the altitude in which he pulls them out. He tells me he gets hypnotized by them. LOL.... I need to get some pictures of him doing them. I on the other hand....let mine spin about four or five complete rev's. and pull out.... Haa haa.... Guess I am a big:dancing-chicken:

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
yakken;17484 wrote: reverse the rudder when your ready to stop it. :)
That works too. I usually roll in full right Aileron and exit inverted flat spin or continue until upright and fly out straight and level.