• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport JTEC RADIOWAVE 26% Pitts Model 12

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
The Pitts is looking great!

I haven't been on the site much lately, my 93 year old father has been having some issues. Things seem to be back to normal for now.

Can't wait to see some finish pics!
I am glad to hear that your dad is doing better. Hang on to him as long as you can.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Ok...so the saga. Grrr....LOL. So, I needed just a tiny bit more Pearl Purple for one more coat on the cowl to get it right. I know, some of you say it looks good the way it is. But honestly, up close you can definitely see what I am talking about. Anyway, WWRC did not have any more paint in a spray can in California. Everything was with Kevin at the show. I think he was talking about the Toledo show. Anyway, due to time crunch...rather than to have Kevin send it to Mr. Johnson to have him put it in a spray can then send it to me...Kevin sent the bottle of paint directly to me. I had checked with a company here in Boise that said they could put it in a can for me. Ok...great. I was informed that NOTHING..."NOTHING", can be in the can other than the propellant and the paint. They told me no problem. (FWIW, I am condensing this whole story) I get the paint, have my son take it in for me with explicit instructions that the spray can must "NOT" have anything in it. Otherwise, the paint would be damaged. When he gets there, this moron shows him the can that was intended for my paint. It has a solvent in it. My son was told, "They all have solvent in them". I am pretty sure, that I informed them on the phone three different times, there can not be "ANYTHING" in the can. The guy said and I quote, "I guess I misunderstood what you meant by "NOTHING". Umm...duh....OMG, What part of "NOTHING" do you not understand? So now my bottle of Pearl Purple paint has to go back to WWRC in California so that it can be put in a spray can and then sent back to me here in Boise Idaho. Truly there is so much more to this story that I have left out simply because of my frustration. But the key points are hit upon. I think I must have called Mr. Johnson...(by the way, I refer to him as such because this silly site will not let me use his name he goes by. Starts with a "D" and ends with a "K".) UGH!!! Anyway, I called him no less than probably a dozen times to confirm information for the paint store here to use so the paint could be put in the can that couldn't be put in the can that needs to go to California so that it "CAN" be put in a can. WOW. Each and every time...****, (Mr. Johnson) was so pleasant to talk to and beyond understanding and patient and helpful. We laughed about this whole ordeal and he said, "Maybe sometime this year we'll get that plane finished up huh"? LOL. Yeah, not holding my breath at this point. Sheesh..... Now ya'll know.....The Rest of the Story.

I should have done a simple scheme that I could find 3 dollar cans of paint at Home Depot to match the covering. Who was it that suggested I use this scheme anyway.
hearty-laugh.gif

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Man sure are having your difficulties with this cowl. It is so frustrating when everything was going so well then the last coat turns into a nightmare. Hope fully you get the paint and do what is required and you done, and it is ready to fly.

WMcNabb

150cc
I should have done a simple scheme that I could find 3 dollar cans of paint at Home Depot to match the covering. Who was it that suggested I use this scheme anyway.
View attachment 95235

Uh-oh! Now I feel really bad. If you go back through this thread, I'm pretty sure you will find a post of this scheme from me.

As a way to make it up to you, how about this...If you want graphics like the full size version, just say the word.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Uh-oh! Now I feel really bad. If you go back through this thread, I'm pretty sure you will find a post of this scheme from me.

As a way to make it up to you, how about this...If you want graphics like the full size version, just say the word.
Oh please...do not feel bad. It is a beautiful scheme. Just a little difficult to get it all 100 percent. But it will be well worth it. I vent a little now and then, however most of it is just...well like, "der"...what was I thinking"! Lol. Funny you should mention the graphics though. I was wanting to get some for it. Guess I don't have to now do I?!?!?!
happy-wink-smiley-emoticon.gif

WMcNabb

150cc
Oh please...do not feel bad. It is a beautiful scheme. Just a little difficult to get it all 100 percent. But it will be well worth it. I vent a little now and then, however most of it is just...well like, "der"...what was I thinking"! Lol. Funny you should mention the graphics though. I was wanting to get some for it. Guess I don't have to now do I?!?!?!
View attachment 95243

Nope! Just need to figure out what size they need to be.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I couldn't resist. And since I have a little down time until the last of the Purple paint and clear coat arrives, I thought I would do at least something constructive today. I really wanted a G-Force pilot for the Jtec Pitts. But since I already had the GP pilot and since he was actually a good fit for the canopy, I chose to use him in the Pitts. Besides, I already have a small fortune invested into the Pitts. So a little carving, slotting and hot glue and the Pitts is now one step closer to being done. Of course there is still the paint and clear coat. But other than that, final placement on the flight packs which will be totally dependent on balance. And "DONE"!

20170423_205539.jpg

With a little luck, the Pitts "and" the new Pilot Edge will maiden this coming weekend. Oh yeah, weather permitting.