• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport JTEC RADIOWAVE 26% Pitts Model 12

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Hi Rob
What brand of wheels go you have on your Pitts ??
I like them .

Van
Hey my friend. The wheels are an early version of White Rose. Vern does not make this style any longer. They were originally on the big Yak but they were too small in my opinion. So the Monster Yak got brand new appropriately fitting Airman wheels and these got a home on the Pitts. For now anyway.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
It looks perfect if it was me I would leave it as is, couple of clear coats and be done. You have to mask it and again and get everything to line up that is difficult. But it does look good.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
It looks perfect if it was me I would leave it as is, couple of clear coats and be done. You have to mask it and again and get everything to line up that is difficult. But it does look good.
I agree, but I can still see a scosh of a difference. Just spoke with Wings West and they did mention with some colors, Pearl Blue and obviously the Pearl Purple, the paint will look good...but....that last final coat before the clear is what makes them pop. I just tossed the cowl on last night, not worrying about alignment. It's close but once bolted correctly in place, all lines should match perfectly. I just think it all came together quite nicely.

Last edited:

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
So a little update on the Pitts. I received the final bottle of Pearl Purple paint from Kevin Saturday. Due to him being on the East coast, he had to send it to me in bottle form. It needs to be put into a spray can, which that will be done tomorrow. Once I have the spray can, I can shoot my final coat of Purple, wait for it to cure and then I can clear coat the cowl. If..."IF", all goes well....I should be able to get an assembled photo shoot this week. And fingers crossed...Perhaps a maiden this next weekend. A lot of this will depend on the final steps of the paint. Of course I have the Pitts sidelined right now due to another sudden and unexpected project I started working on Yesterday. Hmm...I wonder which one will make it's debut first? The Pitts??? Or the new Pilot Edge???
pondering-and-thinking-smiley-emoticon.gif

Oh yeah...I almost forgot. I ordered some pretty bad ass 3W graphics for the Pitts from B&E last night. I am hoping it will be a nice little addition to the cowl of the Pitts.

Last edited:

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
The Pitts is looking great!

I haven't been on the site much lately, my 93 year old father has been having some issues. Things seem to be back to normal for now.

Can't wait to see some finish pics!

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
The Pitts is looking great!

I haven't been on the site much lately, my 93 year old father has been having some issues. Things seem to be back to normal for now.

Can't wait to see some finish pics!
Thank you. But it looks like the Pitts will be a while before it's finished. The saga continues. I will update you all in a little bit.