• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport JTEC RADIOWAVE 26% Pitts Model 12

BalsaDust

Thank you David. Yes, she is quite special. Looking down at her took me back almost 30 years when it was her mama that was laying in my arms the same way. Little girls will break a grown man into tears. LOL

Tell me about it. Back before this last thanksgiving my wife's cousin came to town from Cali and stayed with us for a two nights. Was the first time we had ever met his wife and four year old daughter. Not ashamed to admit I cried having to say good bye to that little girl. She instantly became my best buddy and my dogs best buddy.
IMG_6681.PNG
IMG_6679.PNG

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
They sure are special. I have a grandson and he makes my life great. Your little granddaughter will steal your heart.

By the way the cowl looks great from a rocky start to a great finish.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
They sure are special. I have a grandson and he makes my life great. Your little granddaughter will steal your heart.

My Lil girl has already stolen my heart. Ah but her 4 brothers before her already had pieces of it in advance. Lol
I had a set back with the canopy last night. Got the white border painted great. I waited till way late last night to shoot the very small sections of purple. The paint is fine, but it "pealed" up just as soon as I sprayed it on. Apparently the purple base coat doesn't like the white that was over spray into where the purple will be. No big. I'll just wait for thone sections to dry, then sand it off. Re-prime it and re-shoot the purple. Small sections so I'm not too worried about it. Will update more later.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
My one and only Grand daughter thought I'd give her a ride, one of the very few time's I had to tell her no.
Stang, on the can it should give you a recoat timeline so as to not have those kind of issues. I know you have had a fit with portions of this build but it will be worth it when it takes flight.

Attachments

• 211.JPG
    211.JPG
    324.3 KB · Views: 196

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
My Lil girl has already stolen my heart. Ah but her 4 brothers before her already had pieces of it in advance. Lol
I had a set back with the canopy last night. Got the white border painted great. I waited till way late last night to shoot the very small sections of purple. The paint is fine, but it "pealed" up just as soon as I sprayed it on. Apparently the purple base coat doesn't like the white that was over spray into where the purple will be. No big. I'll just wait for thone sections to dry, then sand it off. Re-prime it and re-shoot the purple. Small sections so I'm not too worried about it. Will update more later.
It won't be long before grandpa will have to start sharing his aeroplanes not with one but five little ones. You had better get building. No more time for the redheads

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!

My one and only Grand daughter thought I'd give her a ride, one of the very few time's I had to tell her no.
Stang, on the can it should give you a recoat timeline so as to not have those kind of issues. I know you have had a fit with portions of this build but it will be worth it when it takes flight.
Thank you, however no label on cans. They didn't have any labels due to everything being packed for the show. But no worries. Real easy to take care of. I'm pretty much over the issues. Last of painting will be done by this weekend and the build will be complete.

It won't be long before grandpa will have to start sharing his aeroplanes not with one but five little ones. You had better get building. No more time for the redheads
I already have their plane gasserized and ready to go. Lol

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I was wondering if you might have some compatibility issues with the Rustoleum, but when the red went on okay I thought you'd be alright. Rustoleum is pretty slow drying stuff for the most part.

I was wondering about something else, the red and purple are basecoat colors right? Why are they shinny? I've used many brands of basecoat over the years and they all dried dull.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I was wondering if you might have some compatibility issues with the Rustoleum, but when the red went on okay I thought you'd be alright. Rustoleum is pretty slow drying stuff for the most part.

I was wondering about something else, the red and purple are basecoat colors right? Why are they shinny? I've used many brands of basecoat over the years and they all dried dull.
Two very good questions. First, I think what happened was the white being a mixture of paint and clearcoat which the Rust-Oleum is I think that is what caused the purple to do what it did.
Second, yes the red and a purple are base coat colors. I believe the shine that you are seeing with the red is caused because it was still wet. This is what Mr. Johnson told me what happened. He did say that it would haze or dull as it dried. Which means that I will still need to clear coat the red and the purple. As it stands right now, there doesn't seem to be a compatibility issue between the base coat colors and Rust-Oleum primer. So what I will do is sand those two very small sections, reprime then reshoot the purple. Not enough of an issue to cause too much grief. Just a tad frustrating. Considering the entire build however, a tiny drop in the bucket. Lol