• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport JTEC RADIOWAVE 26% Pitts Model 12

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
The cowl is very ready for paint. It looks good enough to be proud of it. I mounted it up to the fuse to start drawing out the pattern. First stencil cut. This is not going to be any fun at all. I am afraid to use tape to outline the break between colors. Do any of you have suggestions?

20170321_190715.jpg
20170321_190754.jpg
20170321_190811.jpg
20170321_193804.jpg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
The cowl is very ready for paint. It looks good enough to be proud of it. I mounted it up to the fuse to start drawing out the pattern. First stencil cut. This is not going to be any fun at all. I am afraid to use tape to outline the break between colors. Do any of you have suggestions?

View attachment 94511 View attachment 94512 View attachment 94513 View attachment 94514

All I know is that it is going to be very difficult to Mask the louvres and prevent overspray. I believe you need to make the louvres one colour if you can.

jtec/radiowave

70cc twin V2
Rob,

We've been going crazy in the shop with other projects so this is the first I have seen the work on the cowl. First I am sorry about all the pin hole in the cowl you never see them until you hit it with that first coat of paint and every cowl is different.

I do really like the way you did your venting and of course the whole freeking plane is a work of art!!

Al

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Rob,

We've been going crazy in the shop with other projects so this is the first I have seen the work on the cowl. First I am sorry about all the pin hole in the cowl you never see them until you hit it with that first coat of paint and every cowl is different.

I do really like the way you did your venting and of course the whole freeking plane is a work of art!!

Al
Thanks Al. Ain't no thing really. Just one lil slow down. But hey, I always win. Lol.

Going to try for some color in a few days. Will keep everyone posted.

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Hey Rob,

I'm afraid @Snoopy1 is right. Doing two colors on the louvers is going to be a giant PITA. Maybe you can flair the red out on the top and bottom just enough to cover the top of the louver with red.

One trick I've read about is shoot some clear along the edges of your stencils between colors so you don't get paint bleed under your stencils.

Where's @Jetpainter when you need him? . . . . .;)

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Just caught up on the last 5 pages here.....doing great Stang! I've been reading everything I can about painting as I get closer to shooting my Krill.

You're coming down home stretch now!

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
You could cover the area in question with 2" masking tape, then draw your pattern and cut it with an Xacto. I did that with the checkers on the cowl on mine. I painted it white first than masked, drew and cut out the checkers. But that would depend on weather or not you paint the silver or use vinyl stripe tape. If I was painting the silver I would paint that area silver first then use Fine Lines tape where you want it to stay silver, then you use that masked outline for all the other colors.

20160730_214032_resized.jpg
20160731_220121_resized.jpg