• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport JTEC RADIOWAVE 26% Pitts Model 12

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
If your feeling really really ambitious there is always this one. ;)

downloadfile-6 (1).jpeg
downloadfile-4 (1).jpeg

WMcNabb

150cc

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    213.2 KB · Views: 602
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    81.8 KB · Views: 620
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    112 KB · Views: 647
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    111.4 KB · Views: 648
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    107.8 KB · Views: 727
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    110.5 KB · Views: 725
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    119.6 KB · Views: 729
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    113.6 KB · Views: 640
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    114.4 KB · Views: 639
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    113.1 KB · Views: 603
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    116.5 KB · Views: 661
Last edited:

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Well...interesting thing here. I am no longer limited to straight lines and separated colors and ruler cut stripes. I do not own a laze cutter or any fancy-dancy drafting equipment. I stumbled across something yesterday that is going to open up my scheme options for this Pitts. See, I'm kind of anal in some respects. If I can see a a line out of whack or a crooked arched stripe, it just bugs me. Such is the case with my repaired Yak. I didn't like the repairs on the covering of the top-right wing. The arched stripes were not uniform. And since I replaced the entire white panel only, then stripes, I wanted it right. I stripped the entire top of the right wing yesterday and started over. Normally I would have just ordered the pre-cut stripes from Tony. But $106.00 for just the stripes was a bit more than I wanted to pay. Besides, it would cut into my budget for this plane. I went to the craft store and picked up some 1/8" foam board and "tack" adhesive spray and went to work making my own replacement stripes. Much more thrifty especially since I had three brand new and three partial rolls of black, green and silver covering. And needless to say, once I had those stripes cut and layed in place...as anal as I am I couldn't tell the difference from the professionally machine cut stripes. I'll post some photos and explanation later but for now, I am totally jacked at the field of schemes that has been opened up with just a little craftiness. Lol. Really strange how those compasses, protractors, rulers and pencils can become so much fun. The scheme on the Pitts is going to be awesome fun now.:banana-dance:

BalsaDust

Yup I do the same thing except I cut mine out of dollar tree poster board. Once I have that cut right I just spray water down on a piece of glass. Lay the covering color side up down and the water holds it to the glass really well. Then I lay my template out over the covering how I want it and use masking tape it hold it to the covering. Then its as simple as carefully tracing around your template with the hobby knife. Be sure to use straight edges for long straight cuts though.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Yup I do the same thing except I cut mine out of dollar tree poster board. Once I have that cut right I just spray water down on a piece of glass. Lay the covering color side up down and the water holds it to the glass really well. Then I lay my template out over the covering how I want it and use masking tape it hold it to the covering. Then its as simple as carefully tracing around your template with the hobby knife. Be sure to use straight edges for long straight cuts though.
Nice idea. I have been looking at some really wild schemes that used to appear too complex to duplicate. But now, should be a breeze. But that being said, I think I am going to go with a really "classy" look mixed with some holographic effects. I guess I need to start building it before I get too far ahead of myself huh? LOL