• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC JTEC 2.7m Extra 300CS

gregm

IMAC Flyer
It looks good so far. I also found that some of the formers break really easy during installation, I broke my share.

This photo shows the extra formers and sticks I added to the bottom, I think it makes it more like the 3.1m version.
I also extended the corner 45 degree 1/4 x 1/4 longerons back to the next former so that the Monokote doesn't suck in so bad at the back end of the bottom sheeting.

- Greg

Attachments

• jtecBottom.jpg
    jtecBottom.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 470
I'm a little late on this tip, but here goes. Place the motor box sides in F1, then put F2 in Place. Now slightly bend the fuel tank bottom and pop it into place. Now install F3.
I broke o few F2 formers too. LOL

Alky6

150cc
It looks good so far. I also found that some of the formers break really easy during installation, I broke my share.

This photo shows the extra formers and sticks I added to the bottom, I think it makes it more like the 3.1m version.
I also extended the corner 45 degree 1/4 x 1/4 longerons back to the next former so that the Monokote doesn't suck in so bad at the back end of the bottom sheeting.

- Greg
Greg:
That picture really helps. Looks like you pushed the gear all the way forward in the opening also. Did you make that landing gear former yourself? Thanks again for the picture!

Alky6

150cc
I'm a little late on this tip, but here goes. Place the motor box sides in F1, then put F2 in Place. Now slightly bend the fuel tank bottom and pop it into place. Now install F3.
I broke o few F2 formers too. LOL
Thanks Jerry. I didn't give you guys much time as I had already got those parts done before starting the thread. LOL. When the next one gets constructed, I'll know - but also others will also now know!

Lots of institutional knowledge here. This is so cool!!

jtec/radiowave

70cc twin V2
Hey Guys,

We are closing for the Christmas holiday today. We would like to wish you all a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Al & Kevin!!

gregm

IMAC Flyer
Greg:
That picture really helps. Looks like you pushed the gear all the way forward in the opening also. Did you make that landing gear former yourself? Thanks again for the picture!
The gear is centered in the slot. The two formers in the middle are just a piece of lite ply, about 3/4" wide with a notch for the longeron. The rear one replaces the center portion of the kit version that is very weak. After I sheeted the bottom, I cut out the LG slot a 1/4 inch wider than the gear and capped the ends of sheeting where it was cut with 1/8 lite ply to further strengthen the bottom. I pick up the plane with my hand in this area, so I wanted the extra strength.

Cheers - Greg

Alky6

150cc
Family Holiday schedule has slowed the build down a bit. Was able to glue the fuse doublers on last night. My boys' jar of BB's sure does make a nice weight. Used the tape so the doubler didn't slide out of position while adding weights. Next is to glue on the stab doublers, make up some longerons and get them glued to the fuse. Will work on getting the aluminum landing gear brackets located and bolted up to the motor box while glue dries.
-Paul

image.jpg