• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC JTEC 2.7m Extra 300CS

Alky6

150cc
hatch work, and more hatch work. Not happy with the cowl ring installation. didn't do a good enough job with the clamps, and after trying to go back and fix it, I ended up with a bunch of waves. This kit is designed to have the cowl extend past the back of the cowl ring 1/4" to go over the F1 former. With my travishamockery of a cowl/ring attachment I ended up cutting the cowl flush with the back of the ring and then trimming off the top of the F1 former. Added the 1/4" piece back to the front of the hatch. This is now more like the 3.1m version. I also added a 1/16" skin to the top of the hatch to make the cowl hatch line seemless and get rid of some holes in the hatch line I created when being overzelous gluing up the hatch. Very happy with the end result, just added a lot of sanding as most of it was sanded back off.

I also got the canopy set up and trimmed on the hatch. One benefit of adding the additional skin is that it provided a pocket the canopy will but up against in the front. I also needed to sand down the rear hatch former a bit to make the canopy line run even with the turtle deck. Not thinking ahead, I sanded the turtle deck even with the rear hatch former eliminating the recess for the canopy. I also sanded a bit in the side of the hatch and tapered it in. Getting closer. I can finally start to see the light at the end of the tunnel!

Added a bit of paint. Hopeful to get the canopy glued on this weekend.
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
How in the world have I been missing out on this? Guess too many irons in the fire huh? Note to self: Must go back to first page and get caught up.:yesss:

sub'd

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
OK. Back at it. Had to fix the temporary build table and turn it into the final one. I had about a 1/16" belly in the middle. That is fixed and now it is flat, flat, flat with no twists. Got the motor box glued to the fuse top plate and then the fuse sides glued up. Used heavy aluminum straight edges to keep the top of the fuse sides aligned with the top fuse plate. Bonus of using a sacraficial piece of 5/8" gypsum for the top is using pins! Also added some extra plywood for the rudder servo screws. Going push-pull with a single servo

View attachment 9855 View attachment 9856 View attachment 9857 View attachment 9858 View attachment 9859 View attachment 9861
That's too awesome. But....but.....but.....where's the kitchen sink?
happy-wink-smiley-emoticon.gif
Ya gotta use what ya can right? Looks great.[/QUOTE]

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Paul, between you and Cam....you two are gonna have me building a brand new plane. I really miss building. It was my favorite pass time. To see sticks and strips and chunks and pieces of wood come together in a exquisite flying machine. I miss that time when you can take a break and look at your daily accomplishment and smile. Oh noooo nooooo, I mustn't. I got too many other projects that need completing. LOL

Alky6

150cc
Paul, between you and Cam....you two are gonna have me building a brand new plane. I really miss building. It was my favorite pass time. To see sticks and strips and chunks and pieces of wood come together in a exquisite flying machine. I miss that time when you can take a break and look at your daily accomplishment and smile. Oh noooo nooooo, I mustn't. I got too many other projects that need completing. LOL
Thanks for the kind words! Would love to watch you build one!! Well, when you finish those others......time to start a kit.
It is extremely relaxing and is my escape from everything for a little recharge.