• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC learning and support using flight videos

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Naw, no zoom used usually. The binoculars thing where it's just a picture at the upper left you mean, right?

There's that and just zoom in as close as you can get so you can see the plane. You actually get a feel for your position. The trails are continuous trails off the wing tips. I takeoff and set a base line with them by making a pass then begin. You can also fly a box then start.

dth7

Hey guys I was prepping a wing cam for auction and found this video of my first IMAC competition last summer. It's raw footage so scroll through it at will. I thought for those who haven't been to an event it might be interesting. A couple points. Cody is calling for me so you'll hear him talk to the judges right behind us. As I takeoff you'll notice another judges tent next to us. We were running overlapping flight lines (2 planes at a time- not as bad as it sounds). Each "known round" includes two sequences. I also lose a wheel pant and almost a wheel in the first sequence- keep flying! The wind was about 20mph and on return my popup had blown over! I ended up taking second in class and missing first by about 80 pts (a narrow margin). It was great having Cody call. Thanks Cody! Hope you guys get something out of it.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=c4-feed-u&v=gY1wibIbgt8

Last edited by a moderator:

dth7

Thanks Nate. Yea. The quality stinks but for someone who hasn't seen it I think it gives a decent representation. Also you can see the importance of wind correction. I tightened the pattern up in the second sequence and it was easier to manage. Now imagine that wind as more of a crosswind. Becomes a real challenge.

cardenflyer

70cc twin V2
Well guys, Real Flight 7 all installed. Anyone have any good IMAC practice planes? I need to load my add ons then pull my old planes from 4.5 off my old computer onto this one.

dth7

Well guys, Real Flight 7 all installed. Anyone have any good IMAC practice planes? I need to load my add ons then pull my old planes from 4.5 off my old computer onto this one.

The PW Extras are nice with a little tweaking in "edit airplane"- control throws, expo, etc. The EF 104 (latest version), the Daltons all are nice ones. I'm on 6.5 but I think some are available for other versions. Good luck.

dth7

Hey guys,
I just came across this video from Mike Goulian Airshows. It's short and offers some background into his performance. I like it for this thread because there are a couple great clips of Mike doing an "Aresti dance" prior to his flight. You'll see him "dancing" the routine with his written sequence in his hand. In IMAC or Freestyle it works the same way. You may see someone doing this with the stick plane but your hand works too. The key is orientation, energy management and wind correction. Anticipating every maneuver and where it will take place. And you thought learning the maneuvers was the hard part! Enjoy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAfVaWT_-NY

alawson999

70cc twin V2
Anyone know of videos of the 2014 sequences?

The www.mini-iac site has 2013 videos but nothing for 2014 - searching you tube has not yielded anything either.

I know what my sequence looks like - might be nice to compare to one done "right"

:)