• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Idle Up

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Ohio AV8TOR;9809 wrote: Do you guys fly using an idle up switch on your gassers?

EVERY gasser, no questions and also try it on your electrics.....even foamies. Makes the performance less jerky while flying.

Absolutely !! I went to Washington huckfest and I was blown away with how many people do not run a idle up switch. When I am on my main approach I flip switch to idle down and land. I have seen many people loose several planes due to a really low idle.

Bhughes

70cc twin V2
I had the problem when I would chop the throttle when pushing over for a ke spin. The idle switch solved that

RJ 706

70cc twin V2
Jerry Hailey;10016 wrote: I have a landing condition set in my radio that lowers the idle, reduces the ailerons, adds rudder and elevator with lots of expo. this helps taxi.

All other conditions the idle is up.

That's the " FULL MEAL DEAL " switch.

I was disappointed you didn't drive to Bristol so I could take you picture with RC !!!!!!!!!

We could have used another " NASCAR LEGEND " to attend the weekend

RJ 706;11750 wrote: That's the " FULL MEAL DEAL " switch.

I was disappointed you didn't drive to Bristol so I could take you picture with RC !!!!!!!!!

We could have used another " NASCAR LEGEND " to attend the weekend

Oh my RJ. Funny post, me at a track??

BalsaDust

So i'm new to this and will be getting my first gasser in the air soon. What is a good place to start for both the low and high idle?

AEROSHELDON

70cc twin V2
cbarnes0061;11848 wrote: So i'm new to this and will be getting my first gasser in the air soon. What is a good place to start for both the low and high idle?

Since you are new, a great place to start is the low should not move the plane at idle (or move it just a little) and the high it should roll forward with that idle when it is not restrained. Then move to your liking but that will get you started and be very close.