• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Idle Up

hone

150cc
Ohio AV8TOR;9809 wrote: Do you guys fly using an idle up switch on your gassers?
Hey Ray :)

I do. Gives me more confidence for things like hammerheads, tumbles, and tailslides. I flip it to idle up when I'm on the runway ready for take off and flip back to low idle when I make my landing approach.

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
Yes. It is not a lot, but it helps a lot. Just like [MENTION=790]hone[/MENTION] said, flip it on when ready for takeoff, and flip it off on final. My engine idles just fine with it off, but I like having the little extra at idle during high G maneuvers like pop tops and such.

Alky6

150cc
hone;9810 wrote: Hey Ray :)

I do. Gives me more confidence for things like hammerheads, tumbles, and tailslides. I flip it to idle up when I'm on the runway ready for take off and flip back to low idle when I make my landing approach.

+1