• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport Idiot Boy Builds an Old School World Engines Robin Hood 99 Kit

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Both wing halves rough framed. Next up, wing tips, servo mounts and shaping the leading and trailing edges. Oh and join the two halves together. Will also have to install some mounts for the wing struts. But I'll have to wait till I get the fuse framed up first so that I can see where they need to be.

image.jpg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Looking good this is the nice part of building. In a little time it looks like you have made a lot of progress. The ailerons are they cut out of the wing there just does not seem to be enough wood there to do it.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Looking good this is the nice part of building. In a little time it looks like you have made a lot of progress. The ailerons are they cut out of the wing there just does not seem to be enough wood there to do it.
Thanks. Making good progress now but as we all know, the devil is in the details. The tedious stuff always slows me down.
The ailerons are made of solid balsa. 1/2"x2"x44" and they attach directly to the tailing edge.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Both wing halves rough framed. Next up, wing tips, servo mounts and shaping the leading and trailing edges. Oh and join the two halves together. Will also have to install some mounts for the wing struts. But I'll have to wait till I get the fuse framed up first so that I can see where they need to be.

View attachment 94001
I remember from a few years back trying to transport the wing of my H-9 B25 and H-9 Mustang. The B25 at 80" and the Stang at 78". I hated every minute of it. Course that was before I got my trailer. Of course there is always the alternative.
ConvairCar_Model_118.jpg

Hee hee...
forehead-slap-smiley-emoticon.gif

Nice construction Mike. Something about putting sticks together and making them fly just really makes me smile. :way_to_go: