• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

How much expo for maiden flight

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Way to go!!! Good on ya.... glad to hear all went well. Now that the jitters of the Maiden are over and the weight is off the shoulders, go huck that thing like there is no tomorrow. LOL....Oh wait.... belay that last suggestion. For me, the maiden is not the problem. I usually am in pretty top form expecting "anything" to happen. It's after that with subsequent flights that I get so nervous that my knees knock. LOL

Gooooood lookin' bird by the way....:way_to_go:

rate1

30cc
Thanks, yup the jitter is gone and I love flying this thing. What a feeling, it flies so much better than my GP Revolver 70. Eventhough it's a totally different type of plane. However, on my seventh flight I noticed that the idle all the suddenly had raised considrable compared to previous flights. I had to decrease the throttle with 22 clicks to stop it from rolling away. Obviosly this is not right And I cancelled any further flights. I belive we have identified the problem to the fuel system, a two line tank, suspecting carburator is drawing air from somewhere. I'll replumb the tank to a three line system which is the way I previously allways have built my tanks. Hopefully this will take care of my problem.