• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Header Tank pros and cons.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
I have a similar set up on my gassers. I just use a large volume filter with a brass micro element.

Attachments

• Photo254.jpg
    Photo254.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 416
  • Photo255.jpg
    Photo255.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 356
Here is the photo. You run your vent line out of the main tank into a clunk in the vent tank. The vent tank has a line going outside the fuse as normal. When you fill the main tank, stop before fuel fills the vent tank. In flight the vent tank may fill a little, but it will get pulled into the main tank as the fuel level goes down.

I was surprised at how much cleaner the bottom of my plan was after converting to this method

Attachments

• IMG_3421.JPG
    IMG_3421.JPG
    90.6 KB · Views: 387

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I'm a firm believer of if something works with no problems, leave it alone. And though the header tank is kind of a cool idea.... I still like keeping things simple. Less fuss and less to worry about, less to have fail. But cool idea.

Good thing Toledo show is coming up in a few months. Time to find some older Hayes tanks, between 6 and 11 oz in size. Would be a great buffer size for that one enjoyable flight when the timer goes off too soon.

I wanted to do this 2 years ago, but I never found any 6 to 11 oz tanks at the show. Just forgot bout it last year.....

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Here is the photo. You run your vent line out of the main tank into a clunk in the vent tank. The vent tank has a line going outside the fuse as normal. When you fill the main tank, stop before fuel fills the vent tank. In flight the vent tank may fill a little, but it will get pulled into the main tank as the fuel level goes down.

I was surprised at how much cleaner the bottom of my plan was after converting to this method

disregard I just saw my answer

Last edited:

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I like it. What sucks is I recently through away a bunch of really small glo fuel tanks. They would have worked perfectly for this application.
James (and anyone else that needs one).... send me your address. I have two large boxes full of smaller tanks I will never use. Might as well put them to use!

Installed the 2oz tank yesterday. Cannot wait to find out how it does. less than 1oz of added weight.

Attachments

• 20150117_142617.jpg
    20150117_142617.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 383
  • 20150117_144658.jpg
    20150117_144658.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 327

IMAC FANATIC

40% happier than most folks.
Installed quickfire filter /fuel balancer. Not really a header tank but holds 1/4 oz of fuel and good size element. Like the idea of ready fuel supply with 3 line system for starting and a lil extra fuel on a really long downine.
It would have to be a really really long downline to grab a bubble even with a traditional system though. But that the heck, gives another reason to bling something.

Attachments

• 20150117_173913.jpg
    20150117_173913.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 300