• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Header Tank pros and cons.

IMAC FANATIC

40% happier than most folks.
Header Tanks. Why or Why Not ?
Considering installing a header or cat tank into my system, ive never used one.. even with glo, and never have had a problem with air bubbles or clunk sticking to front of tank or coming off the viton line.
Using a 3 line du bro 50oz with ceramic clunk, viton and vent loop, convince me why or why not to add one and what size or product you use with pictures of the install please.

I use a 2 0z vent tank not a header tank.
It keeps fuel from venting out and wetting the bottom of my plane. A vent line works, but as much inverted flight as you will have in IMAC you will vent fuel down the fuse. A vent tank accumulates the fuel and it is pulled back into the main tank.

It keeps fuel from venting out and wetting the bottom of my plane. A vent line works, but as much inverted flight as you will have in IMAC you will vent fuel down the fuse. A vent tank accumulates the fuel and it is pulled back into the main tank.

Have any pictures of the install. I like this idea.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp

Curious on this as well, I assume the vent tank is just a two line since you still need a line outside the plane?

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
The "vent tank" is a great idea! Thanks! I used a "header tank" on glow back in the day for two reasons...
1) Eliminate bubbles in the fuel.
2) Consistent engine runs with carbs not centered to the tank ( avoided lean outs).

YS engines solved this anyway along with tetra tanks.
Being gassers are "pumpers" only reason I see for a "header tank" is to eliminate bubbles and possible intermittent leaning.

wesley.

70cc twin V2
What about this?

QuikFire
Uses and Features:
-Holds 1/4 ounce of fuel at the engine for an instant start and a constant supply
-All-in-one fuel balancer, filter and tee
-Mounts to the outside surface of the motor box, inches from the carburetor inlet
-Smoothes out fuel demand and irregular fuel surges from extreme flight
-Eliminates two fuel line connections
-Replaceable automotive-style filter
-For use with gasoline engines only
-Size: 7/8" diameter; 2" length
-Weight: 14 grams

webImage2.jpg

IMAC FANATIC

I just enjoy learning more about different ideas and technology in regards to keeping a plane as safe as possible, I guess since I have so many hours into this one the idea of a failure is heart wrenching.
Ive never run one out of fuel either, so its not a matter of extending the run time. And ive yet to have a deadstick go terribly wrong to land.
This is one of those topics that intrigue me and a perfect place to pick the brains of others that have used it or not before I decide.
Id like to see that vent tank also.and some pics of installs if you got em, thanks

IMAC FANATIC

What about this?

QuikFire
Uses and Features:
-Holds 1/4 ounce of fuel at the engine for an instant start and a constant supply
-All-in-one fuel balancer, filter and tee
-Mounts to the outside surface of the motor box, inches from the carburetor inlet
-Smoothes out fuel demand and irregular fuel surges from extreme flight
-Eliminates two fuel line connections
-Replaceable automotive-style filter
-For use with gasoline engines only
-Size: 7/8" diameter; 2" length
-Weight: 14 grams

webImage2.jpg
That's exactly what I have on order, anybody else have experience with one? plan to change the nipple to single out, since I use a 3 line system to fill.