• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Hauling Your Plane in a Pickup... Best Ideas? Post them here!

bobzilla

70cc twin V2
Does anyone worry about the ties going to landing gear and stressing the landing gear block at fuselage? I would think some foam or cushion on the bottom
of fuselage would even out the load.

bobzilla

70cc twin V2
I find it so much easier to just take apart and pile it in.

But no problem, it got rebuilt!!

bipefinish550.jpg

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I used to transport my 260 the same way Mike does with his Sukhoi and Edge. Except I had a camper shell on my truck that protected the main fuse. I also padded the spinner and rolled the fuse in nose first. Then using a tie down, I went behind the landing gear to keep it from rolling. My tail gear sat upon a plywood plate bolted to my tail gate and then "bungie" strapped the tail gear to the plywood plate. Very secure all the way around. But alas....all good things come to an end. Dumped the ole' brown Dodge for a new Silverado and trailer.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
But no problem, it got rebuilt!!

View attachment 6104
Never been much of an Ultimate fan. More inclined to have warm fuzzies for a good looking "Pitts". But..... This has got to be one of the prettiest schemes on an Ultimate I have ever seen. I think a scheme can really either "make" or "break" the looks of an airframe. Looks very nice Bob.:way_to_go: