• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Hangar 9 3.1M Sukhoi

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Looking good Rob...you got to be in RC heaven right now.... the fuel tank picture looks like it has a braided vent fuel line? I haven't read this thread entirely and you may have already discussed it...is it something new on the market? I've never seen it before..

That DLE 222 looks bad ass on your Sukhoi! I always wondered how hard is it to tune duel carburetors and how one would go about it. Hopefully your son wont have any trouble and that wont be an issue. Please post a video when he gets it fired up.

The braided fuel line is on all the lines as well as all the wiring. Don't know if it is all that new, but a friend of mine introduced me to it about six months ago. It is actually referred to as snakeskin braided loom.... Lots of people are now carrying it. Chad at TDRC now has it also. It comes in different diameters as well as different color. I did all the wiring in the Sukhoi in Purple with Orange terminating bands. (Heat Shrink). All the fuel line was done in Gray. http://www.taildraggerrc.com/7mm-expandable-mesh-wire-looming-snakeskin-braiding-black/
20141027_121749.jpg 20140920_182459.jpg
I sure wish now that I had purchased a four banger for the Sukhoi. But then again, it would have put too much nose weight on the plane. The motor already sticks out far enough as it is. I will probably buy one for another airframe sometime down the road this year. My son is actually going to be doing a build thread here on GSN. The PAU 43% Edge is simply gorgeous and just "screams" four cylinder.

Mikeq

150cc
The braided fuel line is on all the lines as well as all the wiring. Don't know if it is all that new, but a friend of mine introduced me to it about six months ago. It is actually referred to as snakeskin braided loom.... Lots of people are now carrying it. Chad at TDRC now has it also. It comes in different diameters as well as different color. I did all the wiring in the Sukhoi in Purple with Orange terminating bands. (Heat Shrink). All the fuel line was done in Gray. http://www.taildraggerrc.com/7mm-expandable-mesh-wire-looming-snakeskin-braiding-black/
View attachment 7433 View attachment 7434
I sure wish now that I had purchased a four banger for the Sukhoi. But then again, it would have put too much nose weight on the plane. The motor already sticks out far enough as it is. I will probably buy one for another airframe sometime down the road this year. My son is actually going to be doing a build thread here on GSN. The PAU 43% Edge is simply gorgeous and just "screams" four cylinder.

Looks like you were very meticulous and I really like that diamond plate.... I'd say you're giving Pistolera some competition...

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
So pretty much all that is left will be to install and hook up the headers and smooth pipes once the headers arrive. Once that is done, I can then finish up the belly with the really cool louvered vents I got from TDRC. Balance and place the rx. packs. Until then, I just had to get a preview of what is yet to come. Very short walk around video clip. Hopefully it uploads properly.

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2
Awesome Sukhoi!! Just about purchased one but decided that the transportation and storage would become an issue without a trailer.

There are probably a half-dozen here in the IMAC SC Region; they sure fly nice sequences.

I don't remember if I showed these pics or not but after using both onboard engine temp monitoring and telemetry I found my DA170 running rather hot. Last year I seen a peak of around 340F. After playing around with several different baffling ideas I found this one to work the best. Earlier this summer I seen a peak of just over 300F and that was when I was pushing the engine hard trying to get it hot. It mostly stayed right in the peak temps of 290F.

Attachments

• IMG_20140301_112423074_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20140301_112423074_HDR.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 237
  • IMG_20140301_112659305.jpg
    IMG_20140301_112659305.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 265
  • IMG_20140301_112928399_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20140301_112928399_HDR.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 251
  • IMG_20140301_113235112.jpg
    IMG_20140301_113235112.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 286
  • IMG_20140301_112942701_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20140301_112942701_HDR.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 236

Dooinit

70cc twin V2
So pretty much all that is left will be to install and hook up the headers and smooth pipes once the headers arrive. Once that is done, I can then finish up the belly with the really cool louvered vents I got from TDRC. Balance and place the rx. packs. Until then, I just had to get a preview of what is yet to come. Very short walk around video clip. Hopefully it uploads properly.

Nice!! That looks almost as good as mine