• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Hangar 9 3.1M Sukhoi

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Woot woot.... Planebender Smooth Pipes and GP Evo 176 arrived today. Besides starting on my trailer, I also had a minute to play with my new toys. Diving deep into trailer bling and Sukhoi assembly. With any luck at all, this big orange bird will take her first ride in her brand new wheels to break the surly bonds of earth, spread her wings and "HUCK".... LOL. I am so excited. Of course my sons 222 also showed up today. Before I let him take it home to lovenly fondle it, I just had to mount it on the Suk to see how it would look. DOAH.... I should have ordered one for me too. LOL.... That is one bad ass looking motor.
sp2 (1).jpg
sp2 (2).jpg
gp2 (1).jpg
gp2 (2).jpg
gp3.jpg
4banger.jpg

Dooinit

70cc twin V2
Woot woot.... Planebender Smooth Pipes and GP Evo 176 arrived today. Besides starting on my trailer, I also had a minute to play with my new toys. Diving deep into trailer bling and Sukhoi assembly. With any luck at all, this big orange bird will take her first ride in her brand new wheels to break the surly bonds of earth, spread her wings and "HUCK".... LOL. I am so excited. Of course my sons 222 also showed up today. Before I let him take it home to lovenly fondle it, I just had to mount it on the Suk to see how it would look. DOAH.... I should have ordered one for me too. LOL.... That is one bad ass looking motor.View attachment 7207 View attachment 7208 View attachment 7209 View attachment 7210 View attachment 7211 View attachment 7212
Now get er done!

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Ignition wiring.jpg Ignition module.jpg Ignition kill.jpg belly cutout.jpg Belly cutout with pipes.jpg belly vents.jpg Tank.jpg Well, I got quite a bit done on the Sukhoi today. Motor is now mounted permanently. Spent a lot of time trying to figure out just the correct and desired way I wanted the mounts installed in the fuse for the Smooth Pipes. finally came up with what I feel is going to work just great. I discovered much to my dismay however that my headers are just not going to work. Not to worry....Got hold of Steve at Chief and he got me all set up. New MTW headers should be here about this same time next week. So for now, the pipes are in the tunnel and resting there. Took a moment to lay the louver vents on the belly. Gonna look pretty cool I think. Tank is in permanently as is everything fuel related. Throttle linkage attached and dialed in. I am thinking that my geometry is going to work pretty well. 1" servo arm with 1" and just a tiny smidgen past on the throttle arm. Operation is smooth and pretty darned close to exactly linear. Drilled and set the prop and back plate. Mocked up the cowl installation.

The rest is going to have to wait for the headers.

Mikeq

150cc
Looking good Rob...you got to be in RC heaven right now.... the fuel tank picture looks like it has a braided vent fuel line? I haven't read this thread entirely and you may have already discussed it...is it something new on the market? I've never seen it before..

That DLE 222 looks bad ass on your Sukhoi! I always wondered how hard is it to tune duel carburetors and how one would go about it. Hopefully your son wont have any trouble and that wont be an issue. Please post a video when he gets it fired up.