• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

GSN Product Review - The Soloshot2 Robotic Cameraman!

rcbobp

70cc twin V2
Put a piece of foam under the tag then secure it with 3M clear packing tape. White Top side of tag up :yesss:

That could make some sense, yes, thanks. I was hoping for a more easy to get in and out solution. With the tape, I'd have to remove the tape and get a new piece every time I want to use it. So if I'm at the field for a day, and everyone wants me to video their plane, it's more of a hassle. I was hoping for some kind of easy to remove strap. Using velcro around the landing gear could be a solution, but since landing gears tend to taper, I'd have to secure with velcro, meaning putting velcro tape on the landing gear to hold it in place. Any of these will work, for sure. Just trying to find the easiest on/off solution.

flycanic

70cc twin V2
You know, you can ask 10 different people, and you will get 10 different answers LOL !!! There are many ways to Skin a Cat. I plan on getting more tags so I do not have to switch one from plane to plane. I need to call and see if that is possible. The term they use for binding the tag to the base is pairing, which is the same as binding a receiver to a transmitter. mounting the tag to the landing gear should work. I can see where we all will be experimenting with what works and what doesn't

thurmma

150cc
Let me see....I think I can sell a kidney to get one of these without the wife knowing :) :) This would be awesome to record some of my IMAC sequences and flying in general :)

flycanic

70cc twin V2
@thurmma I order a lot of , arfs, engines, etc, etc, for married men, and have the stuff delivered to me. Then send a coded message to them when things arrive at my place LOL !!! Like the say, IT IS EASIER TO ASK FORGIVENESS THEN GET PERMISSION" :way_to_go:

SleepyC

150cc
@thurmma I order a lot of , arfs, engines, etc, etc, for married men, and have the stuff delivered to me. Then send a coded message to them when things arrive at my place LOL !!!

Are your messages like this? cause I'm not sure this is better...

"Hi BOB, it's Candy from the club, great seeing you the other night, hey you left your "package" here if you could come get it some time soon that would be great! XOXOXO"

flycanic

70cc twin V2
Are your messages like this? cause I'm not sure this is better...

"Hi BOB, it's Candy from the club, great seeing you the other night, hey you left your "package" here if you could come get it some time soon that would be great! XOXOXO"
Not quite Sleepy. More like "Hi BOB, if you can get loose from the old ball and chain you left your flight box over here" :laughing:

Last edited: