• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

GSN Product Review - The Soloshot2 Robotic Cameraman!

SleepyC

150cc
SOLOSHOT2_Robot-Cameraman_Press_Image2.jpg

Hey guys, the weather here in Ohio finally cooperated and I was able to get out and test the Soloshot2! AS I have stated before I was super pumped to get a chance to test this rig out as it will help me get reviews done when I can't get a second camera man! And I can say after using this bad boy, it is now on my short list as a must have unit!

Instead of typing on in the old school magazine style of review, here ya go a complete review in a video! So grab a tasty beverage, a fat bowl of popcorn and enjoy! This is the civilized way to enjoy a review. And if you really want the specs and all of that other stuff no one reads... look below the video it's there.

Soloshot2 Pro (Camera Bundle)
MSRP: $649.00

Automatic PAN, TILT, ZOOM and Camera Control right from your Tag in one easy to order package! Just like that you have your own Robotic Camcorder.

The Camera Controller even comes with a special cable for powering the SONY CX405 while it tracks so you can film yourself for up to 4 hours.

In the Box:

Base, Tag, Sony CX405 Camcorder, Camera Controller, Armband & Clip, USB Charging Cable, Tripod Tool and User Guides.

Please note that SOLOSHOT2 is currently for OUTDOOR USE ONLY. Stay tuned for indoor accessory pack!

For more information check out: SOLOSHOT

Last edited:

SupaTim

70cc twin V2
Thanks Sleepy!! Was just talking about your first impressions on this with a buddy, great to see a nice thorough followup!

Reza

50cc
Love this!!!
I could use one today when I was testing and had no close friend to ask them to video.

Absolutely great product!

BalsaDust

Looks awesome and I would love to have one buts its to spensive for me right now. I reckon I will just keep clipping my Mobius to my hat.

flycanic

70cc twin V2
@SleepyC After watching your Awesome review Sleepy. I just had to order one, free shipping. Can't wait for it to show up. Now I can get all the video's I want, and most likely some I don't LOL!!!

Last edited:

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I like that a lot. I HATE asking people to video me, so this may be something I end up buying...

Not to mention that quite honestly most people really suck at videoing airplanes:D. I'm spoiled because I have @thelaw with me most of the time but there are also times when she is not there or I really like the idea of the dual view shot like in Sleepy's video. For instance the other day I did an on-purpose dead stick with a Cub and got a two minute free flight. May be cool to have the solo shot on the plane with the gopro on-board:yesss:!!!!!!!!!

flycanic

70cc twin V2
When the weather warms up, if it ever does here in the Black hills. I will have to see if the Solo Shot 2 Pro will keep up with a 170 mph quarter 40 pylon racer.