• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

GP 61 -Discussion thread

gyro

GSN Contributor
GP61 is also only 3.3 oz heavier than a DLE55. Pound per pound nothing comes close to the GP 61's power and value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

100% agreed.

Anyone else out there running a Falcon 24x10 on theirs (stock muffler)? I'm kinda tempted to move down to a 24x9 to get a little faster spool up.

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
100% agreed.

Anyone else out there running a Falcon 24x10 on theirs (stock muffler)? I'm kinda tempted to move down to a 24x9 to get a little faster spool up.
I actually just ordered a 24X9 to try out. Currently running a 25X8W and love it. I will try the 24X9 in the spring when the weather clears up.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Awesome. It is on the plane in my avatar. 91" Extra and pulls it around great.

Maybe I should try that before the 24x9.

I had a 24x9 on it in 2013, but have recently wanted a little more punch and spool

KENCRANE

30cc
good afternoon guys. please watch soon for the launch of my service only web site. we are having a small technical issue with it today http://www.gpservicenortheast.com/home.html. I have been setup to help Kole provide service for gp in the north east. I will not be selling any engines. I am strictly here for service and to help Kole with support. I am a firm believer in the product. I have 2 123's in my 540 and 300 pau. there will be an 88 soon in my new p47 pylon racer and a 176 my 40% pau 540. so to say the least I use the product. ill post more very soon. I hope to be a help in the network to make Dave, Kole and the other in the states sell more product. stay tuned for more!!!

gyro

GSN Contributor
I'm not having good luck with the piston retainer clip on my two GP61's. Just had my SECOND engine crap itself in flight. Both times I had the exact same part failing in flight... Both times in the same way: fouling the cylinder, piston, and ring.

This time:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417311616.965098.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417311628.036458.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417311638.291704.jpg

Last time:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417311912.347971.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417311921.600988.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417311977.979509.jpg

Waiting to hear back from Kole as I bought it from him. He took care of it last time, as It's under warranty of course, and surely he'll warranty this engine too... but I'm still frustrated with my luck. :(

gyro

GSN Contributor
Just heard back from Kole @Limitless Aero.

He's sending me a replacement cylinder, piston, ring, gasket, and redesigned clips. It's all shipping tomorrow. Awesome service as usual... And with the redesign, it shouldn't happen again.

Thanks Kole :)